Candy Factory

A place to share sample video projects
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Re: Candy Factory

Post by CKNewman »

The instructions on page 5 of the Candy Factory instructions read:
Make sure that your image contains no greyscales and use a clear white to achieve the best results with Candy Factory.
The masks in Spice Rack contain every shade of gray between black and white so when I read this I believed that I would not be able to use those masks. Can we also use masks from other programs with Candy Factory?

Why have the instructions never been corrected or clarified?
Last edited by CKNewman on Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Craig Newman
Wayne
Casablanca Unit: S4000Pro, Bogart 2.0C, Akaba, Audio fx, Ori Pack, Blue Box, 3D Shapes, Liquid Images, Shopw Options, PiP studio, Quad Cam, Photo Transfer, Surround FX1, Arabesk 4e, Blue Box World, Candy Factory, Motion Perfect, Filter Pack 1, FX 2 4 6, Magic Lights, Photo Studio 2, PiP 3D SpliotX Wedding
Steady Hand, Power Key, VGA Options, Object Tracer, Video Taste Box

Post by Wayne »

Your work is an inspiration. The creative potentials - in the right hands - are vast. Thanks

I am curious, Did these evolve through open minded experimentation (play) or did you visualize an effect and then find the elements to make it happen?
Volker
Casablanca Unit: equipment: Sony HDR-XR520, Sony RX10, GoPro Hero1, Actionpro X7, Canon Ixus 70, 2xEnterprise MAX with Bogart SE 5/6, Samsung 42" FullHD LCD, Samsung 22" DVI Monitor, Samsung 22" HDMI TV Monitor

Post by Volker »

The Spicerack pattern consists of a gradient from white to black. But you can use the "Mask" image processing effect with a very small border size so you won't see that gradient. Just play with it and you see what I mean. I can post the detailed settings tomorrow, if you want.
First I thought that Roger also used the Spicerack to animate the Candy effects but he didn't. But I was pretty sure that you also can do something like that without having to use CBPaint. So I "played" with the effects a little bit this afternoon to give you the idea what is possible with that effect combination.
In my opinion the Spicerack and the Ultimate Spice Box (HD) are some of the best and most underestimated effect packages that you can buy for your Cassie.
Have fun !
:)
Volker Hill - Germany
roger915
Casablanca Unit: 4000 Pro
Solitaire Plus
Kron Plus
Avio

Post by roger915 »

Yes, Some open minded experimentation (play) at first. (Late hours but FUN)
Then started visualize the effect with mixed resalts.
Have at least 50 more to go.
Roger
4000 Pro OS 2.4C
Sony HVR-HD 1000u
Solitaire Plus-8.0 four 300gb Drives
CB Paint 2
All Software
Kron Pus-8.0-Two 300gb Drives
All Software
Avio-Most Software
3 Cassie Classics
4 JVC GY-DV5000 Cameras