new demo

A place to share sample video projects
jeffphilips
Casablanca Unit: Renomee Plus, SE 7

new demo

Post by jeffphilips »

Here is a demo I created to be very different from the typical wedding demo. I use it at bridal shows to get the brides attention. Once I get them in, I then show them the sentimental stuff. So far it is working well. It took many hours to get the timing down and create all the effects. It was also the first time I ever used the earthquake effect.

Please excuse the dvd menu at the beginning of the video. I also noticed that when I encoded it, some scenes got darker. On the dvd, they look great.
http://www.infocusstudios.com/noordinaryvideo.html
Jeff Philips
In Focus Studios
Raleigh/Durham
North Carolina
Cassie user since 1999
JohnKleban
Casablanca Unit: Prestige with SE 7

Re: new demo

Post by JohnKleban »

Hey Jeff,

A very interesting and different kind of clip, as you stated. It has a pretty gothic (slightly horror) feel to it. I was reminded of the classic horror films from the late 1920s and those with the likes of Peter Cushing in the late 1960s. With the tone of the piece and all the thunder-like sounds, are you implying marriage is a storm of doom and gloom??? :mrgreen:

Nice shots and some unique angles and framing; I can see that piece grabbing the attention of those walking by; just hopefully they won't be afraid to get a bit closer to you. :D Hats off to you for creating something different, I liked it.

Just for my own curiosity, when you stand in-front of a mirror, do you see your own reflection or no? ;) :D
John Kleban
Special Event Video

SE 7 / Sony FX1 Cameras
jeffphilips
Casablanca Unit: Renomee Plus, SE 7

Re: new demo

Post by jeffphilips »

Yes, I know it is creepy. But that is what I have found have got brides interested. As you know, every videographer at a bridal show has just about exactly the same clips. Granted some have been shot better then others, but it is usually some sort of recap or love story. The comments I have received have been things like, "I have never seen anytthing like this" or "you are so creative". I even had a bride want me to do something similar for her.
I realize it doesn't turn everybody on, but it brings customers to me that do not want the typical wedding video. And I love that!
One thing that I like so much about the video is that the people in it are so far from goth. I loved mixing the Goth music with the preppie couple. Such contrast!!

oh Yes, I do see myself in the reflection. :geek:
Jeff Philips
In Focus Studios
Raleigh/Durham
North Carolina
Cassie user since 1999