Figaro Video

A place to share sample video projects
Walter
Casablanca Unit: Prestige, Smart Edit 9.1, Bonus Effects, Card Drive, DVD Arabesk 4.1, Effects 1-4, Fonts 1-4, Motion 3D Vol 2, Motion Perfect, Photo Transfer, Powerkey, Steady Hand, Surround Effect, VME Compact 50, Sony VX2100 Old Member #1870 Registered: Apr. 2002

Figaro Video

Post by Walter »

Here's a short little video of the Canadian Figaro 08 Meeting. It coincided with the UK meet of 210 Figaros and Ireland's 3 Figaros. The US will have to wait another 8 years before they will be available. The car was made by Nissan in 1991 and only 20,000 were made in four colors representing the four seasons. Powered by a 987 cc engine with a turbo, it's economical but peppy enough to keep up on the freeway. 2+2 seating means you can take a small person along as well as the family dog. Lots of chrome, lots of style, lots of fun. The actual video is nothing special...just got it done in a hurry...for my self.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TJnVwfSoJd0
Walter Altenmueller
The olympic flame came to Abbotsford February 7, 2010.
TomHajewski
Casablanca Unit: Prestige with most of the software. SE 7.

Re: Figaro Video

Post by TomHajewski »

Good video, Walter. It looks like a nice little car. What kind of mileage do you get?

I also liked the music. With all the hard beats, it offers a lot of possibilities for future videos!
Tom Hajewski
Walter
Casablanca Unit: Prestige, Smart Edit 9.1, Bonus Effects, Card Drive, DVD Arabesk 4.1, Effects 1-4, Fonts 1-4, Motion 3D Vol 2, Motion Perfect, Photo Transfer, Powerkey, Steady Hand, Surround Effect, VME Compact 50, Sony VX2100 Old Member #1870 Registered: Apr. 2002

Re: Figaro Video

Post by Walter »

I haven't actually figured out the mileage, but dealers claim the mileage to be 50 mpg (Imperial gallon). Actual mileage reported for the Figaro Meet in the UK was 43 mpg (Imperial). Convert that to US gallons and you get 36 mpg. With the cost of fuel these days, this car is more economical than the family van.

Regarding the video, I quickly split the music sort of to the beat, and I tried to match the scenes. Yes, I could have spent a lot more time on it, but was inbetween transferring 10 2-hour analog tapes, a wedding, and 26 more 1-hour tapes. It's a wonder that I finished this at all. My main goal was to have fun at this Figaro Meet and to have some memory recorded on video.
Walter Altenmueller
The olympic flame came to Abbotsford February 7, 2010.