Testing the STABILIZER:CANON HF S 11

A place to share sample video projects
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Testing the STABILIZER:CANON HF S 11

Post by LouBruno »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1vF5UjG0Lk

I used the menu driven DYNAMIC stabilizer of the camera to see the improvement of walking with the camera.
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Re: Testing the STABILIZER:CANON HF S 11

Post by LouBruno »

FOLLOW-UP:

This was a test of the internal menu DYNAMIC stabiliser. That's as good as it will get. Better than the HF S10 which is almost impossible to keep from shaking due to the lightness. However, it appears to me after the test that the stabilizer is only good for static shots when the camera person is NOT moving. Much better than the static shots from my prior HF S10.

The lens had barrell distortion as I mixed a FISHEYE with the CANON wideangle lens. The CANON HD wideangle is totally necessary as the field of view is rather narrow with the enclosed lens.

Yes...I tried a monopod configuration both vertical and horizontal.

By no means is this a steady cam menu driven stabilizer.
TimKennelly
Casablanca Unit: No Casablanca unit currently.

Post by TimKennelly »

Lou,

I see a lot of blur artifacts on the edges of a lot of the video off and on and in the direct middle of the screen on the late bridge scene.

Is that caused by the electronic stabilizer or is that just internet compression caused artifacts?
My mom always told me that happiness was the key to life.
At school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I said “happy" and they told me I didn’t understand the question.
I told them they didn’t understand life.

Tim Kennelly
LouBruno

SONY FDR-53 4K,

Post by LouBruno »

Can't figure it out because it even transferred to another HD tape that way. I am going to assume it is a combo of the stabilizer and at times twixtor plus compression to YOU TUBE?

TimKennelly wrote:Lou,

I see a lot of blur artifacts on the edges of a lot of the video off and on and in the direct middle of the screen on the late bridge scene.

Is that caused by the electronic stabilizer or is that just internet compression caused artifacts?