D-Day 44

A place to share sample video projects
dereksmith
Casablanca Unit: AVIO pro

D-Day 44

Post by dereksmith »

A few months ago i sent about 25 dvds to various membersof the BB.These were rare copies of newsreel , and other,footage of the period of the D-Dy landings in june 1944.I have now just completed a 40 minute video about a character, he really is a very interesting person! He and his sons have ,over many years,traced and bought a modest number of US army military vehicles.All are from the 1944 period.These he has rebuilt to a very high standard and they make a nice display. Most years he takes them to Omaha beach to meet up with the US Army vets ,sadly fewer each year! As previously, if you would like a copy then please let me know. With special thanks to Chet and Charles for getting me back on the Forum.regards. Derek Bournemouth UK.
TimKennelly
Casablanca Unit: No Casablanca unit currently.

Re: D-Day 44

Post by TimKennelly »

Sign me up Derek, My dad is a WWII vet and a fan of yours since that DVD you sent previously.
My mom always told me that happiness was the key to life.
At school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I said “happy" and they told me I didn’t understand the question.
I told them they didn’t understand life.

Tim Kennelly
dereksmith

Post by dereksmith »

Thanks Tim for those kind words. please let me have youraddress,and i will post to you shortly.Regards. Derek.
TimKennelly

Post by TimKennelly »

Tim Kennelly
8512 Ilene Drive
Clio, MI 48420

I dropped in on my mom and dad the other day and he was watching it and mom said he watches it again every now and then.

Tim Kennelly
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

I want to also thank you. My Dad is also a WW 2 Veteran. He was a Combat Engineer and was in the Europe....including N.AFRICA......SICILY.....ITALY.....SARDINIA.....AUSTRIA . Our family also lost an Uncle the very last week of the war as did so many other families in the world.

We really want to thank you for taking the time with the DVD. Though his health is somewhat declining his long term memory is functional and this certainly brought back memories. Please also keep me on your list for this new DVD.
dereksmith

Post by dereksmith »

Thanks Lou. Will do.But, still need your postal address.My regiment served in north Africa. Then Sicily with Monty ,and Pattons army on their west flank .Then up thru Italy t0 the BIG battle at Monte Cassino.I joined the regiment from tank school in Egypt shortly after.We ended up in Salonica at the end of the war but stopped on to stop the Russians from crossing the border from Bulgaria. Happy days!!! Give my regards to your father. Same sentiments to Tims father. Any more Vets out there? Derek.
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

Sir,
I sent you a private e-mail with my postal address. Thanks you in advance.

dereksmith wrote:Thanks Lou. Will do.But, still need your postal address.My regiment served in north Africa. Then Sicily with Monty ,and Pattons army on their west flank .Then up thru Italy t0 the BIG battle at Monte Cassino.I joined the regiment from tank school in Egypt shortly after.We ended up in Salonica at the end of the war but stopped on to stop the Russians from crossing the border from Bulgaria. Happy days!!! Give my regards to your father. Same sentiments to Tims father. Any more Vets out there? Derek.
dereksmith

Post by dereksmith »

Tim kennelly sir....I need you address...please. Derek.
TimKennelly

Post by TimKennelly »

Derek,

It's posted a couple of comments higher up in response to your first request for it.

Tim Kennelly
Steve
Casablanca Unit: Renommee Plus-SE 8.1 and S-6000-Bogart 4.1g

Post by Steve »

Derek,

My father-in-law has enjoyed the D-Day DVD you sent me. I would love to have anything else you have on D-Day.

Steve Houck
7122 Martin Lake Road
Summerfield, NC
27358-9234
Steve Houck
shouck2@aol.com
S6000 & Renommee Plus
Bogart 4.1g & SE 8.1-Arabesk 4.0-