Review my work 3:20 ?

A place to share sample video projects
stonepatterson
Casablanca Unit: S6000 (40 software pkgs. from AkabaHD to Twixter) 2 OLD firewire Casablanca Classics (fully-loaded). Hoping eventually for the perfect camera (sometime before I die of old age). Sony 96GB HDR-PJ790. Several lighting & audio recording systems. A very old, 2006 MacPro tower 4TB hard drive & 30GB memory. More LCD monitors, TVs, tripods and misc. equipment then I want to admit to.

Review my work 3:20 ?

Post by stonepatterson »

Still using DVcam with my S6000. Trying to squeeze every use I can from my DVcam equipment.

I would appreciate any comments on this 3:20 clip on BOSS READERS, (it is to 6 through 11 year olds in reading what RosettaStone is for adults learning a foreign language). I may be doing the whole series for direct to DVD in fall, 2012.

How can I shoot it better? I know, "show rather than say" -- but in this 3:20 clip they wanted David to be the center stage. How can I make it better? Open for suggestions from all of you on this forum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6d0ulMKqHI&feature=plcp

Thank you.
TimKennelly
Casablanca Unit: No Casablanca unit currently.

Re: Review my work 3:20 ?

Post by TimKennelly »

Don,

Looked good overall. The only thing that really jumped out at me was the different audio quality during the reading of the quote.
My mom always told me that happiness was the key to life.
At school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I said “happy" and they told me I didn’t understand the question.
I told them they didn’t understand life.

Tim Kennelly
JBrooks
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca 4 Studio Pro Ultra, Panasonic AG-DVX200 HD/4K Camera, GoPro Hero 2 and Hero 4 Black, Sony and Azden UHF Wireless Mics, Manfrotto 509 HD Pro Tripods, LitePanel Pro Camera Light, iKan 508B LED Portable Light kits.

Post by JBrooks »

1. I agree, the audio was the main thing. I would recommend using a wireless lapel mic .vs what sounded like was the on board NATS mic.

2. The exposure seemed a bit dark.

My 2 cents.

Joel
Joel Brooks
MIT Video Productions
Macrosystem Americas Dealer
www.mitvideoproductions.com
jbrooks@mitvideoproductions.com
817-771-8347
stonepatterson
Casablanca Unit: S6000 (40 software pkgs. from AkabaHD to Twixter) 2 OLD firewire Casablanca Classics (fully-loaded). Hoping eventually for the perfect camera (sometime before I die of old age). Sony 96GB HDR-PJ790. Several lighting & audio recording systems. A very old, 2006 MacPro tower 4TB hard drive & 30GB memory. More LCD monitors, TVs, tripods and misc. equipment then I want to admit to.

Post by stonepatterson »

The audio in the clip (reduced volume) was added from another shoot (room). Both used a Samson lapel wireless. That clip volume was increased a few DBs in the final used clip at their website. I caught that right after I put it up on YouTube.

I used three, diffused light boxes, and set camera to promote grey(s). Boss wanted a background that would blend with their web page. I would have liked more color (maybe push the gamma a tad) and brighter look, too. When I put this up, I wanted to get as much feed back for BOSS to view before they settled on what they settled on.

Thank you for all that viewed and/or responded. I am doing their DVD series. Little of the new video will be done in a white room with grey tint(s). Thank the video Gods wherever they may be! I tried to get BOSS to expand with as many images, show it rather than say it and use the great big (American west) outdoors for backdrops, for Boss uses exercise and the outdoors (body and mind) as part of their 'reading' workout.

Thanks for viewing. Now if I can come up with the $$$$ to invest in a NEX-FS700UK Super 35 or a PMW-200 XDCAM HD422. I am so tired of working in DVcam...