Blue Moon - short video

A place to share sample video projects
CasablancaExpert
Casablanca Unit: S3000, S4000 PRO, Renommee Plus

Blue Moon - short video

Post by CasablancaExpert »

Here's a very short 30-second video with our Blue Moon last evening...captured on my Canon XH-A1.
http://youtu.be/4WDqYd3VnN4

Loved the fog moving over the moon - I imported the HD file into my Casablanca S-3000 into a 1440x1080 project, I used Control Color with Blue up at 80% to give that blue tint (had to make it _look_ like a Blue Moon) and then ran the 60-second scene through Twixtor Slow Motion at 200% to speed up the moving clouds. Added black to the end with a 1-second crossfade and a short title using Through Fading Pages.

Regards,
Chet
Chet Davis
the Casablanca Expert
chet@chetdavis.com
http://www.CasablancaExpert.com
stonepatterson
Casablanca Unit: S6000 (40 software pkgs. from AkabaHD to Twixter) 2 OLD firewire Casablanca Classics (fully-loaded). Hoping eventually for the perfect camera (sometime before I die of old age). Sony 96GB HDR-PJ790. Several lighting & audio recording systems. A very old, 2006 MacPro tower 4TB hard drive & 30GB memory. More LCD monitors, TVs, tripods and misc. equipment then I want to admit to.

Re: Blue Moon - short video

Post by stonepatterson »

I like footage like this...

I have done several projects like this. Unfortunately, over the past 12 years, they were done with DSR 500, DSR 300 or 150 and thus not in HD. I personally, like when there is some object in the foreground to give a field of depth, like a tree, or if shooting from a low angle a bush, flower -- something inanimate that won't distract but adds to the image and balance of composition...

I did a low, on the horizon, red full moon a while back with a rising fog up through the bare trees. Used Twixter too, adding audio to final Twixter rendering. Absolutely eerie. I enjoy watching stuff like this. Great for backdrops. But the lack of HD is a killer... limited use. Even for a green screen backdrop...
JBrooks
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca 4 Studio Pro Ultra, Panasonic AG-DVX200 HD/4K Camera, GoPro Hero 2 and Hero 4 Black, Sony and Azden UHF Wireless Mics, Manfrotto 509 HD Pro Tripods, LitePanel Pro Camera Light, iKan 508B LED Portable Light kits.

Re: Blue Moon - short video

Post by JBrooks »

Looks great Chet!

I enjoy shooting nature too.

Joel Brooks
www.mitvideoproductions.com
Joel Brooks
MIT Video Productions
Macrosystem Americas Dealer
www.mitvideoproductions.com
jbrooks@mitvideoproductions.com
817-771-8347