Shuttle Endeavour Fly-over GG Bridge

A place to share sample video projects
CasablancaExpert
Casablanca Unit: S3000, S4000 PRO, Renommee Plus

Shuttle Endeavour Fly-over GG Bridge

Post by CasablancaExpert »

When I heard the Shuttle Endeavour was going to fly-over my favorite Bridge yesterday I decided to head down and see it myself and capture it on video. Here's the end result: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0ziN-vr ... e=youtu.be

A compilation of short video clips I captured as the Shuttle Endeavor made it's fly-over the SF Bay Area this morning... it first came from the North and then looped over the East Bay and back across and over the Golden Gate Bridge out towards sea. Then headed south... beautiful morning, great sight shared with so many folks. I had seen photos of the shuttle but there was something almost magical to see it myself riding on the back of that jumbo jet.

As you can see in the video I barely got my camera set-up again to capture the shuttle as it came back over the Bridge. Me and most of the others gathered to see the event were leaving the view point)... I heard someone say it's coming back around. So I quickly reset my camera on the tripod and got the video rolling just as it came back over the bridge - whew :)

Shot on my Canon XH-A1 and edited on my Casablanca S4000PRO (quick assembly with crossfades, processed with Black Border and Movie Mode to de-interlace) before exporting via Media Manager in YouTube HD setting (found under the YouTube folder in the Media Manager Expert Device Manager).

Regards,
Chet
Chet Davis
the Casablanca Expert
chet@chetdavis.com
http://www.CasablancaExpert.com
TimKennelly
Casablanca Unit: No Casablanca unit currently.

Re: Shuttle Endeavour Fly-over GG Bridge

Post by TimKennelly »

Nice Chet. I was sorry to see the end of the Shuttle era.
My mom always told me that happiness was the key to life.
At school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I said “happy" and they told me I didn’t understand the question.
I told them they didn’t understand life.

Tim Kennelly
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

Once in a lifetime shot!
stonepatterson
Casablanca Unit: S6000 (40 software pkgs. from AkabaHD to Twixter) 2 OLD firewire Casablanca Classics (fully-loaded). Hoping eventually for the perfect camera (sometime before I die of old age). Sony 96GB HDR-PJ790. Several lighting & audio recording systems. A very old, 2006 MacPro tower 4TB hard drive & 30GB memory. More LCD monitors, TVs, tripods and misc. equipment then I want to admit to.

Post by stonepatterson »

Saw your clip, gave it a thumbs up. Nice stuff. Do you sell archive footage too?

Made a comment about always having a cam with charged battery close by... just never know when a cam is going to come in handy.

I have a PD100a always ready to go (in the car). With a DSR 150 and DSR 300 also ready in my studio. Wish they were HD not SD (DVcam), but have to say, I have recorded some pretty awesome footage over the years...

By the way, have not taken you up on your suggestions/recommendations on how to convert my father-in-law's box of 1920-1960 photos to BluRay... Won't get to them to see them till November (when I go south to Florida). Thanks.