Making stuff up... fun stuff 2 watch!

A place to share sample video projects
stonepatterson
Casablanca Unit: S6000 (40 software pkgs. from AkabaHD to Twixter) 2 OLD firewire Casablanca Classics (fully-loaded). Hoping eventually for the perfect camera (sometime before I die of old age). Sony 96GB HDR-PJ790. Several lighting & audio recording systems. A very old, 2006 MacPro tower 4TB hard drive & 30GB memory. More LCD monitors, TVs, tripods and misc. equipment then I want to admit to.

Making stuff up... fun stuff 2 watch!

Post by stonepatterson »

I like making stuff. Aiming at quality, hopefully take you somewhere new... If it is fun to make -- it shows. This is a portion of a 'haunt' intro (7 minutes). The entire 'longer' project was shot in a weekend. I have edited out the scary stuff, the make you jump footage -- the haunt plans to use the footage for Halloween, 2014. Watch in 1080p if possible -- YouTube. Strange, it restarts up but for some reason the opening 12 seconds of footage did not capture correctly onto YouTube...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8xqWCpS11g

Comments are always welcomed.

Technical stuff -- This was shot in DVcam 4X3 (using my old 1998, Sony DSR300), then converted from SD to HD, from full screen to 16X9 (expanded using two separate SD shots lined up and placed side by side and melted together after correcting composition) on a S6000. Yeah, had to shoot each location (shot) twice using a heavy duty tripod or bean bag (for low angle shots)! The HD final result came out, over 60 Mbps. Finished production was shown on a HD video projector at the haunts 'scare theater' for entering patrons. Looked sweet on the big screen!
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Re: Making stuff up... fun stuff 2 watch!

Post by LouBruno »

Excellent! Good editing.

If possible, how did you expand the 4:3 aspect to 16:9?
stonepatterson
Casablanca Unit: S6000 (40 software pkgs. from AkabaHD to Twixter) 2 OLD firewire Casablanca Classics (fully-loaded). Hoping eventually for the perfect camera (sometime before I die of old age). Sony 96GB HDR-PJ790. Several lighting & audio recording systems. A very old, 2006 MacPro tower 4TB hard drive & 30GB memory. More LCD monitors, TVs, tripods and misc. equipment then I want to admit to.

Re: Making stuff up... fun stuff 2 watch!

Post by stonepatterson »

Lou, Sorry I missed this post and your question. I will answer now - hope it helps. I shot footage using 2 old DVcam cameras... DSR300 on tripods side by side, slightly over-lapping the right camera's left with over-lapping the left camera's right side footage (cameras kept wide open & identical settings)... download all footage to S6000 in SD. Then I converted footage to HD on another 'project' with settings at 1080 30p. When converted, I did PIP placing two images side by side, overlapping and dissolving where they meet. Then adjusted as needed and letter-boxed. The footage was rated at 60 Mbps. This is time consuming but, the footage did look pretty good -- especially when expanded onto a movie screen using a 1080p projector. Sorry, I took down the film from YouTube a while back...