British Airways corporate videos

A place to share sample video projects
AllenMcLaughlin
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca S4100 Bogart v7.0, Cameras: Sony Z5E (HDV)and Sony NX-3 (AVCHD)

British Airways corporate videos

Post by AllenMcLaughlin »

Here's a couple of videos I did for British Airways last summer, majoring on their new Boeing 787 Dreamliner and Airbus A380 super jumbo aircraft. Filmed on my Sony Z5-E HDV camcorder and produced on my S4100, Bogart v5 at the time. These are the short edits of 7 minute pieces that went on BA's official Youtube channel and onboard on the in flight entertainment system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6I57BaHt8c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAvYSloZcrc
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Re: British Airways corporate videos

Post by CKNewman »

Nicely done! Well composed and lit shots, good audio, well organized. I'm wondering though, since we hear that the weather is usually cloudy over there, what program did you use to create the sunshine and blue sky effect :?: 8-)
Craig Newman
AllenMcLaughlin
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca S4100 Bogart v7.0, Cameras: Sony Z5E (HDV)and Sony NX-3 (AVCHD)

CKNewman wrote:Nicely done! Well composed and lit shots, good audio, well organized. I'm wondering though, since we hear that the weather is usually cloudy over there, what program did you use to create the sunshine and blue sky effect :?: 8-)
Lol, thanks Craig. I used the OhMyGodIt'sBlinkingHot filter, 24 hour licence and then expired ! ;-)
Volker
Casablanca Unit: equipment: Sony HDR-XR520, Sony RX10, GoPro Hero1, Actionpro X7, Canon Ixus 70, 2xEnterprise MAX with Bogart SE 5/6, Samsung 42" FullHD LCD, Samsung 22" DVI Monitor, Samsung 22" HDMI TV Monitor

Post by Volker »

Well done! Thanks for sharing!

But why didn't more people watch those excellent clips?
There is so much rubbish on Youtube and those 2 clips really stand out.
Volker Hill - Germany
SYLRENAUD
Casablanca Unit: 2/S4100 1/S6000 Bogart SE 5, Arabesk 5
most all of the software on all 3 units.
We shoot everything with HDSLR's.
Four Canon 5d mark II and one 7d.

Post by SYLRENAUD »

Nice and tight Allen ! Spot on !!
Franklinbencosme
Casablanca Unit: B4 WINDOWS main edit system S-6000 as BACKUP and old tapes edit

Post by Franklinbencosme »

We'll done wooooo I like every scenario that people from British airways talking,did you
Use color saturation ? colors was great too. :o

Franklin
AllenMcLaughlin

Volker wrote:Well done! Thanks for sharing!

But why didn't more people watch those excellent clips?
There is so much rubbish on Youtube and those 2 clips really stand out.
Thanks Volker, I only recently uploaded these to my own You Tube page, they went 'live' on the British Airways You Tube page last year (the agreement was to keep them in the one place initially). As said there are longer, more in-depth (7 mins approx) versions of each film. The A380 video is currently at over 300,000 views and the Dreamliner film lagging behind at around 180,000 views. I provided BA's new media people with the films on discs using the You Tube Full HD codec via Media Manager, the audio compression is poor in places. What I have on my own page and listed here is the 'direct to AVI' (high) option from the Bogart main edit page and a vast improvement audio wise.

Here are the links to the longer films on the BA You Tube official page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA8BdSlw6vU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPi4R3aFeEc
Last edited by AllenMcLaughlin on Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
AllenMcLaughlin

Franklinbencosme wrote:We'll done wooooo I like every scenario that people from British airways talking,did you
Use color saturation ? colors was great too. :o

Franklin
Hi Franklin, I used a colour profile preset on the camera (Sony Z5E) which offers a slightly more saturated look. It was recorded as interlaced but I ran the 50p-25p 'movie mode' filter over these clips (not the BA ones) which does accentuate that look a little.
AllenMcLaughlin

SYLRENAUD wrote:Nice and tight Allen ! Spot on !!
Cheers Sylvain, they were fun to do, me being a closet aircraft geek ! :D
JBrooks
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca 4 Studio Pro Ultra, Panasonic AG-DVX200 HD/4K Camera, GoPro Hero 2 and Hero 4 Black, Sony and Azden UHF Wireless Mics, Manfrotto 509 HD Pro Tripods, LitePanel Pro Camera Light, iKan 508B LED Portable Light kits.

Post by JBrooks »

Very Nice! Well done. Great quality too!

Joel Brooks-MIT Video
http://www.mitvideoproductions.com
Joel Brooks
MIT Video Productions
Macrosystem Americas Dealer
www.mitvideoproductions.com
jbrooks@mitvideoproductions.com
817-771-8347