So I bought this house with a possible rental...

A place to share sample video projects
stonepatterson
Casablanca Unit: S6000 (40 software pkgs. from AkabaHD to Twixter) 2 OLD firewire Casablanca Classics (fully-loaded). Hoping eventually for the perfect camera (sometime before I die of old age). Sony 96GB HDR-PJ790. Several lighting & audio recording systems. A very old, 2006 MacPro tower 4TB hard drive & 30GB memory. More LCD monitors, TVs, tripods and misc. equipment then I want to admit to.

So I bought this house with a possible rental...

Post by stonepatterson »

1 1/2 year ago I bought a house on the Oregon coast. I repainted the entire interior AND exterior. All the ceilings, walls and exterior were PINK, all the trim was mauve. I used a wide variety of light colors, grey, light blues, earth tones, etc. Started from bottom floor and went up. Bottom floor was a rental that I totally refinished, furnished with brand new appliances and new furniture. It was rented for one year before the place was even finished! Renter loved the area so much she bought a house here. I have just added more in the rental, that I wanted to add BEFORE she moved in... for the perfect 2nd residence or long term vacation rental for two (2). I put a video together to promote the rental for 2019. Took under two (2) days to shoot, edit and get it up on YouTube... the area response has been pretty positive. BUT, what do you fellow video shooters and editors think? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALgb5FWBMcE&t=64s. BTW, the weather here is magic (if you are not aware of central coastal Oregon)! NO snow, temperatures range year round from 40 degrees to 78 degrees. Sun almost every day, even during rainy season. Cannot keep the furnace on for more than 2 hours at a time -- gets too hot in the house -- we are poured concrete on 3 sides of the house and bolted into the side of a mountain. The other side is all windows looking down on to the Pacific coastline. The footage shot in the promo was done during our 'rainy' season -- winter (last weekend), and the sun is out now in full force! Should I do more of these rental promos?