DarrelCharest
Casablanca Unit: Karat
Bogart 5.5c
Arabesk 6.0a
Most software
Dual edit bay w/Sony 22 HD VGA & Samsung 26 HD Video

Understanding Media Manager

Post by DarrelCharest »

The Pennsylvania Dutch said it best "Too old too soon, too smart too late." And at the age of 84 some of my intellectual lug nuts are beginning to show signs of wear.

I've reviewed many of Chet Davis' tutorial DVDs and have gained valuable information and experience from them. But the concept of Media Manager eludes me.

For those of you who use and understand MM, you would be doing me, and perhaps others, a valuable service by outlining the basic concepts of the program.

I realize this is a challenge but its one that many of you can manage.

Thanks,

Darrel

Where the inspiritation for "American the Beautiful" was born.
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Re: Understanding Media Manager

Post by LouBruno »

It would probably be easier to ask a specific question because there is so much to understand plus knowledge of CODECS is essential.

"We get too soon old and too late smart."

Amos Stoltzfus, my AMISH friend.
TimKennelly
Casablanca Unit: No Casablanca unit currently.

Post by TimKennelly »

Understanding Media Manager
Shucks, I was hoping you had the answers when I saw the title, Darrel :D :D :D ;)
My mom always told me that happiness was the key to life.
At school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I said “happy" and they told me I didn’t understand the question.
I told them they didn’t understand life.

Tim Kennelly
Jeanton
Casablanca Unit: Avio/Bogart 4000 Pro Bogart 2.4 Pal with twister,Quadcam,Photo Studio 2,Twixtor

Post by Jeanton »

Hi Darrel

It is not your age who is failing you it is just Media Manager I don't understand it either and I am 38 years young :D . The main reason why I don't put any footage or audio samples in there is that every time I do a back up it is gone and I have to do it again. :)
Jeanton
Jeantons Video Productions
DarrelCharest
Casablanca Unit: Karat
Bogart 5.5c
Arabesk 6.0a
Most software
Dual edit bay w/Sony 22 HD VGA & Samsung 26 HD Video

Post by DarrelCharest »

Santa just arrived this morning and I didn't even hear his sleigh bells.

This happened when Chet sent an email reporting that his new tutorial "Fool Proof version 3" dealing with "Media Manager" will soon be available. And based on his earlier tutorials I'm sure it will clear some of the mysteries bedeviling me.

Lou - you're right in saying that MM is too large to attempt to explain on the forum. And its likely that after I've gone through the tutorial, I'll be using your suggestion by asking specific questions about the program.

And Tim - oh how I wish I could "Understand Media Manager" well enough to explain it to others.

Jeanton, thanks for reminding me that I'm not the only one who finds some software packages almost incomprehensible.

I know its too early to say it, but in Hawaii at this time of year its "Melly Klickamaka."

Darrel

Where the inspiritation for "American the Beautiful" was born.