What Makes Ken Burns' Films Unique?

For all those great, but off-Casablanca-editing, topics
CasablancaExpert
Casablanca Unit: S3000, S4000 PRO, Renommee Plus

What Makes Ken Burns' Films Unique?

Post by CasablancaExpert »

A colleague this morning passed along a link that led me to view a great interview with documentary film-maker Ken Burns. I loved it so much that I feature this short interview on today's blog - Your Technology Tutor here: What Makes Ken Burns’s Films Unique?

Regards,
Chet
Chet Davis
the Casablanca Expert
chet@chetdavis.com
http://www.CasablancaExpert.com
videojim
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca S6000, with 4.1G Bogart.

Re: What Makes Ken Burns' Films Unique?

Post by videojim »

Chet,
Thanks VERY MUCH for that piece of wisdom. I know what you mean about the 40:1 ratio in raw> finished product. I will, someday soon, look at the longer interview. I am not very advanced at directing, I just try to make the images I select and mix make logical, visual sense. Might throw in a cool effect here and there, but more because it fits the feeling I want to get across than it looks cool. Knowhatimean?
Skype ID-talkingrock756
CasablancaExpert
Casablanca Unit: S3000, S4000 PRO, Renommee Plus

Re: What Makes Ken Burns' Films Unique?

Post by CasablancaExpert »

I am/was happy to pass that along Jim -- it is a great interview with Ken Burns. And you are so right about using the transition/effect that fits the piece. It is (I believe as well) so important to add effects, transitions, etc that compliment the video's subject/message. Sometimes there's nothing like a crossfade (dissolve)! Ok, now my 18-year old would be calling me 'old-school' ;)

Regards,
Chet
Chet Davis
the Casablanca Expert
chet@chetdavis.com
http://www.CasablancaExpert.com