Check This out.

For all those great, but off-Casablanca-editing, topics
flvideo
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 6.1 for windows, Renommee, Avio pro, and a cassie classic
2 Sony PD170s, 2 panasonic dvx100s, 1 JVC DV300, 1 sony DCRhc42
1 panasonicpvGS120

Re: Check This out.

Post by flvideo »

It is a EDB1. the only problem is that it has a XLR output so I had to buy a cable to adapt that to 1/4 IN. He sold me a Mono cable. He said Using a stereo plug was prbably giving me noise. It sounded good any way. I'll be back there for sure. He took a lot of time with me and seemed interested in my problem and he seemed very Knowledgeable. I'll give it a whirl with my whirlwind.LOL! Question Craig. Do you have the logos of Compact disc and DVD in Jpeg. For some reason I have filed mine some where where I can't find.? Thanks Bob..
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Post by CKNewman »

I'm concerned that you're using a device wired to receive and process a mono signal, but your Mackie headphone jack is outputting a stereo signal. Hot, Cold, and Ground isn't the same as Left, Right, and Ground. That's why I think it may be important to look into a direct box that can "sum" a stereo signal into a mono signal.

You may even be able to use a "Y" splitter at one of the Mackie's main outputs and run one end into your Whirlwind and continue the other end into the PA amp or wherever it was being sent before you split it.

I would definitely try it at home before using it in the field.

I don't have the logos for Compact Disc and DVD on .jpg but I did a search using the term Compact Disc jpg logo download and a number of results came up.
Craig Newman
flvideo
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 6.1 for windows, Renommee, Avio pro, and a cassie classic
1 panasonicpvGS120

Post by flvideo »

The thinking behind the Mono was that the wireless is mono and that the un-used chanel would or could cause noise. That made sense to me. Whats your concern about using mono? Bob..
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Post by CKNewman »

The Mackie headphone jack is stereo.
Craig Newman
flvideo
1 panasonicpvGS120

Post by flvideo »

I am going to try to use the Aux send. He pulled up a picture of that old Mackie and showed me where I could control it. He said that where the Phone jack was all that was available I could use that also with this box. You don't think so? Bob...
CKNewman

Post by CKNewman »

Have you tried it with your Mackie yet?
Craig Newman
flvideo
1 panasonicpvGS120

Post by flvideo »

No I haven't Craig. I am going to try this afternoon. I am still trying to get this year end stuff done. The one I'm working on now is the last one I hope. this box will covert my signal to Mic level. My only concern is that If the track is playing music or some other background I'll miss that being on 1 channel only. I get that out of the phome jack. The guy at Sam Ash encouraged me to use the Aux send so I would have my own mix. I will test the water this afternoon and see how it works. I ask him about an atenuator and he said I could use one but I would still have a distorted signal only a quieter distorted signal. I''ll let you know how my test works out. Thanks Craig. I really appreciate you sticking with me thru this. Bob...
flvideo
1 panasonicpvGS120

Post by flvideo »

Well Craig I went to the track Saturday and I didn't have the cables to hook up the box. I hadn't looked close enough to the inputs and out puts. The Xlr is an out put so that has to go to my wireless transmitter and I didn't have anything with me to go from XLR to Mini plug. I did use the Aux out though. It was a lot cleaner Signal. I couldn't find a pot on the board to control it. The guy at Ash music said there was a pot to control it but I couldn'y find it. But by the time I had scrambled around to try to find the connections for the Whirlwind the show was about to start. The one thing I didn't like was all I had was his commentary, no music and I have kinda gotten use to the background when he wasn't talking a lot. Maybe I can discover how to get both of their channels on 1. I taped at Citrus county yesterday and I put my wireless on a speaker. I was too far from the board to get a decent signal. It was good but I got a little more ambient noise than I like. the speaker was right at the edge of the track. I am going to try to use the whirlwind on the Phone out next week I think. At least that puts both of their channels on my 1. Bob....