Another situation

For all those great, but off-Casablanca-editing, topics
Jeanton
Casablanca Unit: Avio/Bogart 4000 Pro Bogart 2.4 Pal with twister,Quadcam,Photo Studio 2,Twixtor

Re: Another situation

Post by Jeanton »

I'm with Franklin on this one. Two years on and still no full interactive Blue-Ray burning.
I myself opted not to have the Blue-Ray burner as it was too much of an expense but the machine got sold as a
Blue-Ray burning machine and I can see Franklins frustration as his competitors take customers away from him.
I start to believe the merge with Lowe is going to hurt us loyal customers as the last news they produced was three months ago
on their German website.
Here in Australia we are still waiting on the release of Bogart 3.0 even though we are just like Europe on Pal our distributor can't
get a serial code for us.

The lack of creative free software is also a concern to me as many other PC based programs come with so much extra (read i-movie from apple)
Last month on a wedding someone made a video message and showed it on a big screen - even they spend a lot of time creating it the effects were fantastic.
I felt a bit ashamed being me the professional didn't have the capability to do the same.

If I stay in the video game, I would be thinking twice about staying with Macro System. Where is Denis from Operations on this forum site - I have never
seen him write anything to help you out or answer any questions they just leave it to the users to solve problems or they don't have the know how
after Chet has left the company .

Is this all the support you get in the US or you have to pay for it?

My Australian distributor is straight on the phone for free if you ring him or send an Email !!!! :)
Jeanton
Jeantons Video Productions
TimKennelly
Casablanca Unit: No Casablanca unit currently.

Re: Another situation

Post by TimKennelly »

Jeanton,

There was a time when the BB had great interaction from MSUS in the days of David Slone and Chet Davis, but those days are long gone and now it's simply a users forum outside of the occasional software announcement.

The last one of those was way back in November of 2009.

I have to say thank you to MSUS for keeping the BB in these trying financial times.

I know they have cut back staffing significantly over the last several years and the few that are left have to wear many hats.

Yes, official technical support is a pay per phone minute or pay per e-mail system now and it is unrelated to the BB.

New software and software upgrades or the lack thereof is not MSUS's fault though as MSDE is exclusively responsible for those with MSUS just being a software and hardware distributor for MSDE similar to your country's dealer.

That is weird that you are on PAL where Bogart 3 was released months ago and cannot get codes.
My mom always told me that happiness was the key to life.
At school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I said “happy" and they told me I didn’t understand the question.
I told them they didn’t understand life.

Tim Kennelly