For all those great, but off-Casablanca-editing, topics
BobFoster
Casablanca Unit: Foster, Georgia video Productions, Inc
Bishop, GA Karat X2, Bogart 5.6
Most all software, 2X Sony HVR-NX3 Sony HVR-A1U, Sony PD-170/150, Sony HVR Z5U, 3 - Canopus ADVC500 converter, 2 x HXR-NX3 Sony Cameras

Post by BobFoster »

Is it just my computer or is any one else having to log in almost every day? I used to go for weeks without having to re-log in. :evil:
BobC
Casablanca Unit: Meteor Pro Ultra, OS 10, Arabesk 7

Re: Log In gremlins

Post by BobC »

So far, not a problem with my system.
Bob Claxton
Heritage Video

Meteor Pro Ultra, OS 10, Arabesk 7
TimKennelly
Casablanca Unit: No Casablanca unit currently.

Post by TimKennelly »

Remembered logging in is a cookie issue Bob.

Have you recently installed or upgraded your browser (Windows update, etc) or added a firewall or changed a setting in it?

You need to find where the browser (most likely) or firewall cookie settings is and modify it not to delete the Cassie cookie.
My mom always told me that happiness was the key to life.
At school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I said “happy" and they told me I didn’t understand the question.
I told them they didn’t understand life.

Tim Kennelly
BobFoster
Most all software, 2X Sony HVR-NX3 Sony HVR-A1U, Sony PD-170/150, Sony HVR Z5U, 3 - Canopus ADVC500 converter, 2 x HXR-NX3 Sony Cameras

Post by BobFoster »

I'm using Apple and it is set to "Always Accept Cookies".
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Post by CKNewman »

I don't keep myself permantly logged in. I only log in when I want to post something, like my reply here. When I close Internet Explorer the website may keep me logged in for a while but then automatically logs me out. The site may leave me logged in for an hour or two, but not for an extended length of time.
Craig Newman
TimKennelly
Casablanca Unit: No Casablanca unit currently.

Post by TimKennelly »

Can't help you with Apple, thought they never had problems? :>)

The only other thing is you do have the "log me in automatically" checkbox checked, right?
My mom always told me that happiness was the key to life.
At school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I said “happy" and they told me I didn’t understand the question.
I told them they didn’t understand life.

Tim Kennelly
BobFoster

Post by BobFoster »

Yes the box is checked. I wasn't implying that it was an Apple problem LOL. I looked at the cookie register and there are about a gazillion cookies listed. It may be that the data limitation has been reached and new cookies are bumping out old ones. I'll try doing some cleanup this weekend.
jimmeeker
Casablanca Unit: Avio, Solitaire, with OS 9.1 and S-6000 with Bogart 5 & all software

Post by jimmeeker »

Hey guys,

I've been logged in since 2000 and only occasionly have to provide my name and password...maybe about twice a year or so.

I do get into trouble when we go on vacation and I try to log in with my wife's laptop. The web site doesn't seem to know me then at all.....so I do have to re-register on her machine and log in under that one.
Jim Meeker
The Old Timer

Founder of the
"March Get Together"

We Remember
12-7-41 and 9-11-01
Milan, Illinois
S-6000 w/Bogart 5 /Solitaire, Avio DVD / All Software OS 9.1/ Panasonic HMC150p AVCHD Camcorder