Epson Printers for printing on DVDs

For all those great, but off-Casablanca-editing, topics
MikeMattke
Casablanca Unit: S2000 with all software. I also have a Prestige that I used on my film transfer station. I have B4W loaded on a laptop. I have a S4000 Pro that I am going to trade in for a discount on software for my B4W setup. I even have my first Cassie, the AVIO that I am going to hook up. Not sure what I will use it for but I want to see it run again.

Epson Printers for printing on DVDs

Post by MikeMattke »

I used to use the Epson R380 for printing on DVDs. I don't have access to that printer anymore but I found it is a discontinued model. Is there a model out there that someone is using that works well that replaced the R380?
Mike Mattke
"Father of the Casablanca Cafe"
Sturgeon Bay, WI
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Re: Epson Printers for printing on DVDs

Post by CKNewman »

I have read some posts where people are using the new Epson Artisan series. They are all-in-one units with some differences as to features included, etc. If you use Caladan, I'm not sure if there's still a Hewlett Packard printer made that's compatible.
Craig Newman
MikeMattke
Casablanca Unit: S2000 with all software. I also have a Prestige that I used on my film transfer station. I have B4W loaded on a laptop. I have a S4000 Pro that I am going to trade in for a discount on software for my B4W setup. I even have my first Cassie, the AVIO that I am going to hook up. Not sure what I will use it for but I want to see it run again.

Re: Epson Printers for printing on DVDs

Post by MikeMattke »

Thanks Craig. I saw that the Artisan was the replacement for the R380. Chet also suggested going to the Epson site and looking for refurbished units. He is in Dallas, as am I, at the Dallas Casablanca Conference. Nice event sponsored by CAM Audio [Seth Hampton]
Mike Mattke
"Father of the Casablanca Cafe"
Sturgeon Bay, WI