Company Name

For all those great, but off-Casablanca-editing, topics
MikeMattke
Casablanca Unit: S2000 with all software. I also have a Prestige that I used on my film transfer station. I have B4W loaded on a laptop. I have a S4000 Pro that I am going to trade in for a discount on software for my B4W setup. I even have my first Cassie, the AVIO that I am going to hook up. Not sure what I will use it for but I want to see it run again.

Company Name

Post by MikeMattke »

I am posting this in the Cafe and under General Topics. I am looking for a good name for my business. Until I find something better I am using Mattke Media Solutions. I intend on doing conversion work, dubbing, industrial videos, sports highlights, short promos, etc. I know there is creativity out there in all of the forum users; it is kind of like the Force from Star Wars!
Mike Mattke
"Father of the Casablanca Cafe"
Sturgeon Bay, WI
CasablancaExpert
Casablanca Unit: S3000, S4000 PRO, Renommee Plus

Re: Company Name

Post by CasablancaExpert »

I like the new name Mike, it identifies you as a person in the community and makes it clear what your service/business is... I also like the hip-ness and solution based focus in your name. Anyway, that's my $ 0.02

Regards,
Chet
Chet Davis
the Casablanca Expert
chet@chetdavis.com
http://www.CasablancaExpert.com
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

THE MATTKE MEDIA GROUP Just my 3 cents :-)
TimKennelly
Casablanca Unit: No Casablanca unit currently.

Post by TimKennelly »

I actually like your suggestion Mike.

Cutesy names are fine for a wedding video service, but a last name brand name works well and I "Media Solutions" is a positive proactive descriptor as well as name.

People looking for professional help with video should really like the idea of someone with "solutions" to their issues..
My mom always told me that happiness was the key to life.
At school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I said “happy" and they told me I didn’t understand the question.
I told them they didn’t understand life.

Tim Kennelly
MikeMattke
Casablanca Unit: S2000 with all software. I also have a Prestige that I used on my film transfer station. I have B4W loaded on a laptop. I have a S4000 Pro that I am going to trade in for a discount on software for my B4W setup. I even have my first Cassie, the AVIO that I am going to hook up. Not sure what I will use it for but I want to see it run again.

Post by MikeMattke »

Thanks Tim, I appreciate the feedback.

I think I will go with Mattke Media Solutions even if Lou likes "Group". I may be as big as a group myself, but since I am a force-of-one, I don't think group is as good. Now I just have to get someone to design a nice logo for me for MMS!
Mike Mattke
Sturgeon Bay, WI
IanPearson
Casablanca Unit: Studio Pro OS B4W V9
S6000 OS Bogart SE V9
Solitaire OS V9.1

Programs:- Most of the standard operating programs.

Post by IanPearson »

Mike
I was a company of one but was named, IRP Associates Ltd. Even then I managed to have the odd disagreement at company board meetings. At times the Finance Director could be a real pain in the neck. ;)

Just for the record I also like Solutions, I think you should stick with it.

Good luck with the logo

Ian
Ian Pearson S6000 Bogart SE7 - Solitaire OS V9.1 - Avio DV Pro OS V9.1
Programs:- Most programs, with the notable exception of CB Paint and Quadcam
Kingston upon Hull. England
jimmeeker
Casablanca Unit: Avio, Solitaire, with OS 9.1 and S-6000 with Bogart 5 & all software

Post by jimmeeker »

Hello Mike,

I like "Solutions" too but also think that "Group" is a good choice as it leaves the future open for expansion. Also you are definitely part of a "Group"......consider all of your Casablanca Family of Friends as part of your "Group". We are all in this together and you know that when you need help, this "Group" is the first to step in and help.

I hope that we will see you again this Spring at the 2011 MGT when your "Group" will hold it's annual Convention.
Jim Meeker
The Old Timer

Founder of the
"March Get Together"

We Remember
12-7-41 and 9-11-01
Milan, Illinois
S-6000 w/Bogart 5 /Solitaire, Avio DVD / All Software OS 9.1/ Panasonic HMC150p AVCHD Camcorder
MikeMattke

Post by MikeMattke »

Thanks Jim, I always feel honored when you reply to one of my posts.
I may go with Mattke Media Group yet but I am not sure. I go back and forth on a daily basis.

I hope to be at the 2011 MGT after getting my Cassie batteries recharged in Dallas. Although it was smaller in scale to the MGT it was very good. What made it good was Seth from CAM Audio and once again the presence of Chet the "Casablanca Expert". I hope Seth can load his van again and head north to the Quad Cities! I appreciate the MGT since it is within driving distance for me and I hope attendance returns to 100+.
My trip to Dallas had things I do not want to go through again.

Thanks for your input!
Mike Mattke
Sturgeon Bay, WI
rone
Casablanca Unit: Solitaire Plus, all software, GL2 and GY HM 700

Post by rone »

How about:

"Micked-Up Media"

You could use the M M theme as your logo.

I was going to give you my 2 cents worth .... but Lou took it to buy a new tire for his bike. :ugeek:

RonE
erictom
Casablanca Unit: S-4000 Pro
SONY HVR Z1U
SONY HVRM25U
SONY HVR DR60 HDRecorder
Canon T2i
Lite Panels

Post by erictom »

M&Ms
Just kidding...Good luck with the new name.
EricTomakinFilms
Eric T. Films
VideoVision Productions
www.vdvp.com
eric@vdvp.com