Casablanca Unit: S-4000 Pro
SONY HVR Z1U
SONY HVRM25U
SONY HVR DR60 HDRecorder
Canon T2i
Lite Panels

What's MTS?

Post by erictom »

Importing AVCHD files into the S4Kpro...On the Menu setting, there's a format choice of HDV and MTS. The transfer works and it plays back as a full 16:9 on the editing monitor but doesn't play back full screen after burning test project through Arabesk. It's not exactly 4:3 but slightly wider, and the quality is not HD.

Settings on the Import menu are MTS, 16:9 Anamorphic (looks normal on the DVD, not stretched). Is there still an issue with AVCHD and Arabesk? .... at least the path seemingly works. Do I need a newer version of Bogart? I haven't upgraded software to 3.2 yet.

Just wondering before I go full blown on the edit. Any thoughts or suggestions? Would greatly appreciate any insight or help on this.

And btw, what does MTS stand for?...Is that an HD file?

Thanks.

Eric
Eric T. Films
VideoVision Productions
www.vdvp.com
eric@vdvp.com
CasablancaExpert
Casablanca Unit: S3000, S4000 PRO, Renommee Plus

Re: What's MTS?

Post by CasablancaExpert »

Importing AVCHD files into the S4Kpro...On the Menu setting, there's a format choice of HDV and MTS. The transfer works and it plays back as a full 16:9 on the editing monitor but doesn't play back full screen after burning test project through Arabesk. It's not exactly 4:3 but slightly wider, and the quality is not HD.

Settings on the Import menu are MTS, 16:9 Anamorphic (looks normal on the DVD, not stretched). Is there still an issue with AVCHD and Arabesk? .... at least the path seemingly works. Do I need a newer version of Bogart? I haven't upgraded software to 3.2 yet.
I believe the HDV and MTS setting you describe are in the Storyboard Backup/Restore (Storyboard Archives menu in Project Settings menu) correct? If so, that does not impact what you are doing to import AVCHD into the Record menu nor does it impact your export thru Arabesk (you could use this setting to export AVCHD/HD storyboard if you wished).

The one thing I would advise/suggest as this stage is to ensure you have your Project Settings selected properly (under Format). These settings (Resolution, Aspect ratio, and Interlace) should mirror your camera footage/settings.

And btw, what does MTS stand for?...Is that an HD file?
MTS = MPEG Transport Stream, you can read more about this here: http://www.winxdvd.com/resource/m2ts.htm
Chet Davis
the Casablanca Expert
chet@chetdavis.com
http://www.CasablancaExpert.com
erictom
Casablanca Unit: S-4000 Pro
SONY HVR Z1U
SONY HVRM25U
SONY HVR DR60 HDRecorder
Canon T2i
Lite Panels

Re: What's MTS?

Post by erictom »

Thanks, Chet. Very useful. That's why you're called an expert. Anyway, I'll go on testing the process until I can perfect it to a tee.
Eric T. Films
VideoVision Productions
www.vdvp.com
eric@vdvp.com