Which printer? Epson 810 or 835? Or?

For all those great, but off-Casablanca-editing, topics
KeithWiggers
Casablanca Unit: Avio & Solitaire, most software, OS8.1, Arabesk 4

Which printer? Epson 810 or 835? Or?

Post by KeithWiggers »

I have one printer (HP 6110, an "all-in-one") that is finally "passing away" :cry: . I have been using, and am pleased with, an Epson R200 to print discs. It has some age on it and I expect it to follow the HP sometime soon. I would like to get down to just one printer to save desk space. I use a laser printer (off desk) for most text printing.

Do any of you have experience with the Epson 810 or newer version - 835 ($174 on Amazon)?

OR, do you have any suggestions for an "all-in-one" printer that will print on discs? Is an "all-in-one" even a good idea for printing discs?

Any info will be appreciated.

Keith
CasablancaExpert
Casablanca Unit: S3000, S4000 PRO, Renommee Plus

Re: Which printer? Epson 810 or 835? Or?

Post by CasablancaExpert »

Hello Keith,

I just recently ordered (via Epson online store) the Epson Artisan 810, and so far I love it!
I had been using the Epson Photo Stylus R280 for disk printing & office printing and it worked very well for me. But I learned of an offer (that I shared in the Casablanca Expert Monday Morning Meetings - aka Casablanca Coffee Klatsch) http://www.casablancaexpert.com/categories/20100702 that I could not pass up --I purchased the printer for I believe $129, which included shipping.

I like that there is no external tray for CD/DVD printing - the unit 'sucks' up the disk when placed on the CD tray/drawer. I also like the ability to photocopy documents in my office and to produce duplex print jobs (double-sided prints!), and to have an image scanner as well in the same unit -- little things to some perhaps but nice to have an all-in-one for me!
Chet Davis
the Casablanca Expert
chet@chetdavis.com
http://www.CasablancaExpert.com
KeithWiggers
Casablanca Unit: Avio & Solitaire, most software, OS8.1, Arabesk 4

Post by KeithWiggers »

Thank you for the input Chet. Nice to hear from someone who has first hand experience. Just yesterday, I learned that a friend also recently purchased an 810. He likes it as well. I tried the new 835 (they had just sold their last 810 at $120!) at Office Depot. It makes nice copies and excellent prints. It is also much faster than my old HP all-in-one. I think that I too would like the internal DVD tray. The external tray on the Epson R200 is pretty finicky, as well as unpredictable.

If you have not had a copier / scanner before, you will be surprised how much you will use it - and like it. I am looking forward to having only one unit on my desk.

btw, The only difference between the 810 and 835 that I have learned so far, is that the 835 has added the "n" version for wireless. Probably not significant for most of us. The sales people who I have spoken with haven't been able to tell me any more than that. They also say it "probaly has some software upgrades". Who knows. Again, probably not anytning significant.

Enjoy you new all-in-one.

Keith
CasablancaExpert
Casablanca Unit: S3000, S4000 PRO, Renommee Plus

Post by CasablancaExpert »

Thanks Keith -- yes, I have yet to use the function in the Epson 835 to print file/s directly from my iPhone (but am excited to give it a try). I did/do have a scanner in my office previously, but not an all-in-one. I am relishing the ability to have all those functions in a single unit now.

Regards,
Chet
Chet Davis
the Casablanca Expert
chet@chetdavis.com
http://www.CasablancaExpert.com