Canon XF105/100

For all those great, but off-Casablanca-editing, topics
ASHampton
Casablanca Unit: Loaded Dealer unit

Canon XF105/100

Post by ASHampton »

I was able to spend several hours yesterday with the new Canon XF105. What an amazing little camera! Smaller than a Canon GL-2 and packs one heck-of-a-punch. One of the coolest features is its night vision modes. Simply amazing picture quality! Full raster 1920x1080 C-MOS chip, 50mgs 4:2:2 color sampling, dual CF card slots, 2 XLR inputs, Face detection, over and under cranking, stop motion and time lapse and the list just keeps going! I felt privileged to be the 3rd person in the state of TX to see it.....kinda humbling. :) The price is right as well. I hope to get our first shipment sometime late January. Here is a link.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/professio ... eras/xf105
Seth Hampton
Casablanca Gold Star Dealer
Tundra Video LLC
www.tundravideo.com
seth@tundravideo.com
KeithWiggers
Casablanca Unit: Avio & Solitaire, most software, OS8.1, Arabesk 4

Re: Canon XF105/100

Post by KeithWiggers »

That is getting REAL close to what I have been waiting for to replace my GL2 with. The size and weight is right for packing around the forest and hills all day. The white light mode infra red is great. And with a 58mm filter size, my doubler would fit. Put a 20X lens on it, and I'd probably be telling Santa what to shop for!

Hopefully the next model or two will have the 20X. I will keep looking and hoping.

Keith
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

I always have reservations with a single chip camera due to the contrast ratio. I can't wait to try this camera and if I like it, I will purchase same. By the way, looks like the format will work fine in Bogart like the 300 model.
KeithWiggers
Casablanca Unit: Avio & Solitaire, most software, OS8.1, Arabesk 4

Post by KeithWiggers »

Keep us posted Lou on how you like the camcorder. After I reread the specs and saw that it was only one chip, my enthusiasm dropped off a bit. I like the size and weight (no larger or heavier than the GL2), but need a 20 x lens, and much prefer a 3 chipper.

Keith
ASHampton
Casablanca Unit: Loaded Dealer unit

Post by ASHampton »

The recording format is the exact same as the 300...i have been shooting stuff with the 300 for a few months now, and its a fantastic camera. The XF100/105's are amazing for single chip units. I was really blown away by the clarity of the image. When placed side by side its not easy to tell which one is which. The new Canon's have stepped it up about 100 notches...I might be a little biased...but...i flat out love em!
Seth Hampton
Casablanca Gold Star Dealer
Tundra Video LLC
www.tundravideo.com
seth@tundravideo.com