DYMO Disc painter

For all those great, but off-Casablanca-editing, topics
JBrooks
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca 4 Studio Pro Ultra, Panasonic AG-DVX200 HD/4K Camera, GoPro Hero 2 and Hero 4 Black, Sony and Azden UHF Wireless Mics, Manfrotto 509 HD Pro Tripods, LitePanel Pro Camera Light, iKan 508B LED Portable Light kits.

DYMO Disc painter

Post by JBrooks »

Has anyone used the Dymo discpainter? I was reading about it and it looks interesting. It would be nice if MS Germany would make the drivers to support this printer in Bogart. This might be a good solution to Caladan since it will be discontinued shortly. I have always used HP D5160 series inkjet printers with great success. Here is a link with more info:

http://global.dymo.com/enUS/DiscPainter ... ation.html

Joel
Joel Brooks
MIT Video Productions
Macrosystem Americas Dealer
www.mitvideoproductions.com
jbrooks@mitvideoproductions.com
817-771-8347
CasablancaExpert
Casablanca Unit: S3000, S4000 PRO, Renommee Plus

Re: DYMO Disc painter

Post by CasablancaExpert »

Hello Joel,

I have not used the Dymo printer but thought I should point out -- if/when Macrosystem discontinues Caladan software, those who have it can still use it. As long as you have the software installed on your Smart Edit or Bogart OS editor, you can use it with a compatible HP Printers (assuming you have one of those), but you can also still use Caladan to generate the graphics and export the JPEG and print on most any other printer. I share some thoughts about this on my Casablanca Expert Blog hereearlier this week.

And, not defending or speaking for Macrosystem here - but for our editors to have the printer drivers (the software hand-shake required by an external device to operate straight from the editing interface) is a bit of a complexity -- not so much perhaps for the initial software driver, but when the printer companies come out with new updates to their software MS AG has to then incorporate those new software updates in the Casablanca OS or Caladan update to keep it functional.

Regards,
Chet
Chet Davis
the Casablanca Expert
chet@chetdavis.com
http://www.CasablancaExpert.com
JBrooks
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca 4 Studio Pro Ultra, Panasonic AG-DVX200 HD/4K Camera, GoPro Hero 2 and Hero 4 Black, Sony and Azden UHF Wireless Mics, Manfrotto 509 HD Pro Tripods, LitePanel Pro Camera Light, iKan 508B LED Portable Light kits.

Re: DYMO Disc painter

Post by JBrooks »

Your right Chet, I appreciate you pointing out the transfering of the image layout. I have Caladan and us it alot. I agree, it would be hard for MS or any other company to have to constantly update the latest drivers for a device. Merry Christmas Chet and to everyone on this great forum. I am looking forward to a great new year in the Casablanca world.

Joel
Joel Brooks
MIT Video Productions
Macrosystem Americas Dealer
www.mitvideoproductions.com
jbrooks@mitvideoproductions.com
817-771-8347