Casablanca High-End Broadcast Model

For all those great, but off-Casablanca-editing, topics
Franklinbencosme
Casablanca Unit: B4 WINDOWS main edit system S-6000 as BACKUP and old tapes edit

Re: Casablanca High-End Broadcast Model

Post by Franklinbencosme »

I've been waiting for improvements in Casablanca, and no one responds
continued to all the problems that exist in Casablanca, my last experience
was a total loss of a wedding edited, giving the latest corrections to finish
it was frustrating...Why did not do a BACK UP? I could not imagine
that an S-6000 with a week of use, I would do this. :shock:

Franklin..
TimKennelly
Casablanca Unit: No Casablanca unit currently.

Post by TimKennelly »

The reports I have been reading is the backups are being corrupted with these catastrophic crashes as well. :( :x
My mom always told me that happiness was the key to life.
At school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I said “happy" and they told me I didn’t understand the question.
I told them they didn’t understand life.

Tim Kennelly
ChrisStone
Casablanca Unit: Renommee Plus w/SE8 and all software

Post by ChrisStone »

jeffphilips wrote:Chris,
When did you make the switch? What was your reasoning?
Hi Jeff
Back in 2009 I started doing commercials for the local Comcast market. I was doing all of the editing in CB Paint 2 on my Renomee as that program allowed me to do the more high end editing needed for the jobs. Things were going well and I was getting fairly proficient with CB Paint (not as good as Lou :lol: ). When the S-4000Pro came out I bought it. Well as you know, CB Paint is not supported on the new systems and the S-4000 had a host of other problems as well. I knew I couldn't keep editing on the Renomee, at least not if I wanted to keep up with the quality of the competition. So being that I was only 44 at the time I figured this old dog could learn new tricks if I didn't wait too much longer. So I had a custom computer built with Adobe CS4 installed, a Matrox RT.X2 card and a bunch of other goodies for around 6k. I recently upgraded it to Windows 7pro and Adobe CS5 and I've been very happy with this system.

Having said all that, there will always be a fond place in my heart for Cassie. I got my start editing on an Avio back in 2003, then moved up to the Prestige, and then the Renomee. I learned so much from Chet, Justin and Birdie, and made a lot of good friends along the way. I had the privilege of being a beta tester for several years and really felt like part of a family team. I even considered seeking employment with MSUS but then they started downsizing!

I still use a Renomee at my government job for various projects, and on my freelance work I use Adobe. In the end, as Seth said, they're all just tools we use to tell our story. So just tell the best story you can, with what you have.
Chris Stone
Etched In Stone Video Productions
Renommee + SE9, All software, Panasonic AF100 Panasonic AG-160,
Adobe Production Suite CS6
Member # 5
JBrooks
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca 4 Studio Pro Ultra, Panasonic AG-DVX200 HD/4K Camera, GoPro Hero 2 and Hero 4 Black, Sony and Azden UHF Wireless Mics, Manfrotto 509 HD Pro Tripods, LitePanel Pro Camera Light, iKan 508B LED Portable Light kits.

Post by JBrooks »

I have just updated to Bogart 3.2c, and I really like the new features especially the direct USB import for the XDCAM EX formats. It has really speeded up the import time with only 1 step capture process.

I bet we get an update from Jorg on the Cassie list soon. I know he can't say much, but he still keeps up with the list I'm sure. I know it will take money to develop more features, but if we the Casablanca community, will continue to give them suggestions, and express the need for the fixes, and other features, then they will listen but if only a few request for this or that, and they hear talk about switching to other systems, it might be more difficult to convince otherwise. I suggest the Casablanca community to make lists, and suggestions, and to let our voice be known using the proper channels and contact both Eric and Perhaps Jorg (even though he may not make all the corporate decisions) could forward the info to the developers and to the right people in charge.

My thoughts. I appreciate the great response from this post.

Joel
Joel Brooks
MIT Video Productions
Macrosystem Americas Dealer
www.mitvideoproductions.com
jbrooks@mitvideoproductions.com
817-771-8347
ASHampton
Casablanca Unit: Loaded Dealer unit

Post by ASHampton »

I agree with Joel. It is very important to "suggest" features that are needed/wanted. I think the suggestions@macrosystem.us is still an active email account. If so....its a great place to submit your thoughts.

Having been selling the product line for quite a while now...I can tell you from a dealers perspective that we do need some features added. I for one....am REALLY looking forward to .PNG support. We always try to encourage our customers to give constant feedback on whats working (or not) and what improvements they would like to see.

One big advantage that Macrosystem customers have is a high level of "local" support. That is hard to find sometimes with the competition.
Seth Hampton
Casablanca Gold Star Dealer
Tundra Video LLC
www.tundravideo.com
seth@tundravideo.com