Color Laser Printer

For all those great, but off-Casablanca-editing, topics
BobC
Casablanca Unit: Meteor Pro Ultra, OS 10, Arabesk 7

Color Laser Printer

Post by BobC »

Does anyone have a suggestion as to a good printer. I want to use it primarily for printing dvd cases, so it needs to be able to print pictures and/or images as well as text. I have a cheap Samsung (CLP300) that just isn't very good. Hoping of course, to not completely break the bank.
Bob Claxton
Heritage Video

Meteor Pro Ultra, OS 10, Arabesk 7
Lowell
Casablanca Unit: 1 casablanca solitaire most software. liberty plus all software one S4000 pro most software. One S4000 pro all software. 6 panasonic and 2 sony 3ccd cams. running Se9 on solitare and bogart 3.2 on both S4000's.

Re: Color Laser Printer

Post by Lowell »

Hi Bob I have the Epson Artisan 810, I got it on sale for $179 last year, they have come out with a new model I believe. The 700 and 800 series are very nice 810 has fax, copier, scanner, and of course printer, plus if you want wireless connect. I am sure you will get some more yeas on the 800 series in fact Chet has one..... good luck....
Lowell Brockway email: justperfectvideo@sbcglobal.net 330-922-5606
flvideo
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 6.1 for windows, Renommee, Avio pro, and a cassie classic
2 Sony PD170s, 2 panasonic dvx100s, 1 JVC DV300, 1 sony DCRhc42
1 panasonicpvGS120

Post by flvideo »

Bob I have used Epson for years with very good results. I do some still work as well as video and they print a beautiful picture. I also print directly on my DVD's and cases. The only draw back I have ever seen is the ink is expensive. I have tried several 3rd party suppliers of ink and have not found one that compares with Epson ink. Hope this helps your decision. Bob C
BobC

Post by BobC »

Thanks for the suggestions. i purchased a HP CP2025dn. Works pretty well so far.
Bob Claxton
Heritage Video

CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Post by CKNewman »

Hi Bob,

Could you briefly tell us what made you choose a laser printer over an inkjet, and what made you choose HP over another brand? I don't know that much about printer offerings these days. Thanks in advance.
Craig Newman
BobC

Post by BobC »

Hi Craig, I've got several inkjets. In this case I was looking for something to use for printing cases and brochures that has a cost savings over the ink cartridges. I researched online a lot of printers and the reviews on them. This one, like all the rest, got mixed reviews, but overall scored pretty high with users. My local Office Max is running a sale this week for $150 off the regular $499 price, plus a $50 trade-in of any old printer. So at $300, I couldn't pass it up.
Bob Claxton
Heritage Video

CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Post by CKNewman »

That makes a lot of sense. Thanks.
Craig Newman
Barmston
Casablanca Unit: S2000, Prestige

Post by Barmston »

Bob, I bought the HP CP1215,Laser Printer.
What a difference from inkjet,brighter, quicker, Toner seems to last for ever,only use inkjet "Print Factory "for the DVD face now.
Keith Jackson