Audio Mixers

For all those great, but off-Casablanca-editing, topics
MikeMattke
Casablanca Unit: S2000 with all software. I also have a Prestige that I used on my film transfer station. I have B4W loaded on a laptop. I have a S4000 Pro that I am going to trade in for a discount on software for my B4W setup. I even have my first Cassie, the AVIO that I am going to hook up. Not sure what I will use it for but I want to see it run again.

Audio Mixers

Post by MikeMattke »

I am looking at mixers that would connect a few mic inputs to my Canon VIXIA HFS10 camera. It has the 1/8" [3.5mm} audio input.

I found the Studio 1 XLR-BP3 Pro and it appears to be a possibility. Any other suggestions from the Cassie community?
Mike Mattke
"Father of the Casablanca Cafe"
Sturgeon Bay, WI
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Re: Audio Mixers

Post by CKNewman »

I've used the XLR BP Pro (with two XLR inputs) for years now. It works very well as a versatile audio adapter, but I wouldn't consider it an audio mixer; it can only lower the level of an incoming signal, not raise it. What is your use for it?
Craig Newman
MikeMattke
Casablanca Unit: S2000 with all software. I also have a Prestige that I used on my film transfer station. I have B4W loaded on a laptop. I have a S4000 Pro that I am going to trade in for a discount on software for my B4W setup. I even have my first Cassie, the AVIO that I am going to hook up. Not sure what I will use it for but I want to see it run again.

Post by MikeMattke »

I am looking for something to run 2 mics into and then into my Canon VIXIA HF S10. It only has a 1/8" or 3.5 mm input for audio.
Mike Mattke
"Father of the Casablanca Cafe"
Sturgeon Bay, WI
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Post by CKNewman »

I like my XLR-BP Pro with two channels; an 1/8" and a 1/4" input plus the two XLR inputs. A small mixer with several inputs would give you extra versatility for times when you wanted to use several audio sources while recording, and then also in your editing suite. You should be able to find a decent used one for not too much money.

Why not contact Studio 1, tell them what you want to do and ask them what they'd recommend?
Craig Newman
jimmeeker
Casablanca Unit: Avio, Solitaire, with OS 9.1 and S-6000 with Bogart 5 & all software

Post by jimmeeker »

Hello Casablanca users.

I wanted to let you know that we will be having a Video Yard Sale and Trade Event"" at the 7th Annual
"March Get Together" This is a way to sell off the equipment that you are no longer using and give a break to another
Casablanca Family of Friends member, who needs it. Sure many of us have traded up to High Definition, but there are a lot of beginning editors and folks trying to learn the video business who need help. Just think of all the guys and gals who love video as a great hobby or are using video to help out their churches and schools, they are dreaming of getting their hands on some of the items that many of us are no longer using. You have probably already depreciated this equipment for tax purposes, so it would be possible to really help some new Cassie User in getting better equipment at a reasonable price. You can even help the MGT as well with it.

So bring these items with you to the MGT......we'll have price tags etc. for you to tag your items for sale. You can mark each item for the price that you want for it and you are free to make deals with the other Cassie friends there for bartering and or trading items. You can even mark something as a donation to the MGT to help keep it solvent this year when the economy is down in the dumps and there is no support from sponsors at all this year to help with the MGT expenses.

The Video Yard Sale can be a Win Win situation for everyone including the MGT.
Jim Meeker
The Old Timer

Founder of the
"March Get Together"

We Remember
12-7-41 and 9-11-01
Milan, Illinois
S-6000 w/Bogart 5 /Solitaire, Avio DVD / All Software OS 9.1/ Panasonic HMC150p AVCHD Camcorder
flvideo
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 6.1 for windows, Renommee, Avio pro, and a cassie classic
2 Sony PD170s, 2 panasonic dvx100s, 1 JVC DV300, 1 sony DCRhc42
1 panasonicpvGS120

Post by flvideo »

Mike I use a Mackie 1302 and it works well for all I need in the field and in the studio. My cameras all have XLR inputs but I'd suppose you could adapt it. I see them used occasionally used, but as I remember I only paid $600 or so for mine and That was with a couple Shure wired Lav's. Bob....