s6000

For all those great, but off-Casablanca-editing, topics
nighvideo
Casablanca Unit: Prestige / and Casablance s-4100

Re: s6000

Post by nighvideo »

My s4100 is crap. Keeps crashing and loosing project scenes. I realize you have to do a new install every once in a while, but should not be after every 6 hours of editing. Macro is giving me the same ole run around. Try this, try that. The freaking machine is a lemon, and I'm turning the situation over to my lawyer. He seems to think I'm due a refund for a unit that never worked right from the start, and never should have come off the shelf. As for the 6000, if its brand new.. dont get it! Macro releases units and software too quick and fixes the bugs later at your expense. Have someone good in your area build you a nice turn key system. You'll be much more satisfied.
Alan
Casablanca Unit: S 4000 Pro. Cannon XH A1. Cannon XL2. Cannon XM1.

Post by Alan »

Why is it someone has nothing but trouble and others have none? My S4000pro is nearly 3 years old now and its most reliable. Ir works well in SD, HDV and AVCHD. Its quick and easy to use, its not perfect, but it seems to be a lot less trouble than some of my friends who have spent much more on other systems. What is going on?

Alan.
TimKennelly
Casablanca Unit: No Casablanca unit currently.

Post by TimKennelly »

The S4000 is a completely different animal than the S4100.

While the S4000 was built with far more quality parts.

The S4100 has a faster processor, but far more of the parts were off the shelf consumer quality pieces.

Virtually all the shortcomings and inadequacies of the S4000 were software related and a lot (not all by any means) of the fundamentals have finally been ironed out.

There will always be lemons though with any line of machines.
My mom always told me that happiness was the key to life.
At school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I said “happy" and they told me I didn’t understand the question.
I told them they didn’t understand life.

Tim Kennelly
RonaldPawlak
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 5.3 O.S.,Arabesk 5.4c, S4K Pro, most software, not a lot of HD software, Exterrnal USB blu-ray burner, Just purchase (2) XF-100 Canon cameras and one VIXIA HF-S10, HD cameras. (2) Senheisser Wireless Mics.

Post by RonaldPawlak »

Hasn't anyone heard of Honda and Toyota recalls as well as other car manufacturing companies? Not to mention all the Iphones and Mpads and a lot of other electronic equipment that are recalled.
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

I am with Tim on this. Most, if not all early problems, were software related.