Get them while you can!

For all those great, but off-Casablanca-editing, topics
ASHampton
Casablanca Unit: Loaded Dealer unit

Get them while you can!

Post by ASHampton »

If you need tape stock of any kind.....get it NOW! We have been informed from the manufacturers that as of 2 days ago, prices are going up on ALL brands of tape. Several plants have been damaged or shut down.

I am sure that everyone already knows this or has heard it before. If you are on the fence about moving into a "Tapeless" workflow....this just might help you make the choice.
Seth Hampton
Casablanca Gold Star Dealer
Tundra Video LLC
www.tundravideo.com
seth@tundravideo.com
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Re: Get them while you can!

Post by LouBruno »

Local dealer just purchased as many video cameras that can be allowed to be kept in his que. Seems, there will be a run on video cameras. Top prices if you want them. Supply and demand.

I already saw one camera go up over 2K already.
flvideo
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 6.1 for windows, Renommee, Avio pro, and a cassie classic
2 Sony PD170s, 2 panasonic dvx100s, 1 JVC DV300, 1 sony DCRhc42
1 panasonicpvGS120

Post by flvideo »

How much do you think the tape will go to? I am thinking of buying some ahead but I can't afford a lot. I guess if push comes to shove I have enough used tape to last me a couple years. Bob...
ASHampton

Post by ASHampton »

Well.......in the first couple of days after the Disaster in Japan....we sold almost a months worth of tape stock. We are currently out of stock on most tape items. As far as pricing goes.....we have already seen dramatic price increases across the board. Some websites have raised tape prices as much as 200-300%!
Seth Hampton
Tundra Video LLC
www.tundravideo.com
seth@tundravideo.com
flvideo
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 6.1 for windows, Renommee, Avio pro, and a cassie classic
1 panasonicpvGS120

Post by flvideo »

Forget that. I have probably 1000 tapes that I have shot on once so I'd say I'll use those before I pay 300%. Bob....
Charles
Casablanca Unit: S6000 Effects 1,2,3,5,7,8 Blue Box World,
Arabesk 6.0a , Bogart 5.5c Disc Transfer 1.2

Post by Charles »

No problems in the UK so far and no price increase yet!
Regards
Charles
ASHampton

Post by ASHampton »

I am currently working offering a "Black Burst" service for customers with miniDV and DVcam tapes. Also testing some degaussing methods as well.
Seth Hampton
Tundra Video LLC
www.tundravideo.com
seth@tundravideo.com
flvideo
1 panasonicpvGS120

Post by flvideo »

Seth what did you discover about Degaussing? I used to Degausse tape when I worked with 3/4 and 1/2 in. tape but that was along time ago. Thanks Bob...
flvideo
1 panasonicpvGS120

Post by flvideo »

I went in to my supplier today to get supply's and their tapes I bought for $2.50 a couple months ago are $12 bucks. I said forget that. I have a small supply of new tapes and when they are gone I have a couple thousand used tapes. My supplier told me I ought to think about selling some of those. I guess the tape industry is in trouble. Bob...
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

This is not as complete with a DV (digital signal) as with analog/VHS/S-VHS from years back. The best to do is to stripe the tape.
flvideo wrote:Seth what did you discover about Degaussing? I used to Degausse tape when I worked with 3/4 and 1/2 in. tape but that was along time ago. Thanks Bob...