on my Renommee Plus

For all those great, but off-Casablanca-editing, topics
alex
Casablanca Unit: Avio Pro 4.1D 500gb hardrive,Prestige with OS 9.1. 4-320gb Maxtor drives, Lacie 500 Hardrive, Akaba,3D PIP,Motion Perfect,Arebesk 4, Effect1-8 Most of the software. Studio Pro with Bogart 11.2, Arabesk 7, all software, GoPro 3 Black, Gopro 7 Black, Sony PD170, Sony 2100, Sony CX900 HD Camcorder Sony FDR-AX53 4K Camcorder, Mavic mini 2 drone.

on my Renommee Plus

Post by alex »

Has anyone had a problem with the Renommee Plus that as you are recording firewire the image is having hickups but when you view the footage its smooth
I dont know if this is normal on the Renommee Im running 9.1 os the same as my Prestige but it does not have that problem
Thanks
Alex Williams
Alex Williams
Videos by Williams
Boynton Beach, Florida
alejanbr@bellsouth.net
http://www.youtube.com/videosbywilliams
sparks0335
Casablanca Unit: Renommee v9.1 audio effects v1.1a, 3-D shapes v1.1, card drive v1.3d,
disk-transfer v1.2a, DVD arabesk v3.3, effect pack (1-4) v1.1, Front pack (1-4)
PIP studio v1.0, Photo Transfer v1.6c, Power Key v1.0, Title Effects 1 v1.2
Title Effects 2 v1.4, Blue Box World, Object Tracer.
Prestige Plus v4.1

Re: on my Renommee Plus

Post by sparks0335 »

Hi Alex: I have the same problem with my renommee. It flickers in DV mode at the blue box the one that has the stop button in it. So far it has not caused any problem in the final picture. John
John Boughton
Mechanic9377@yahoo.com
Renommee and Prestige Plus
alex
Casablanca Unit: Avio Pro 4.1D 500gb hardrive,Prestige with OS 9.1. 4-320gb Maxtor drives, Lacie 500 Hardrive, Akaba,3D PIP,Motion Perfect,Arebesk 4, Effect1-8 Most of the software. Studio Pro with Bogart 11.2, Arabesk 7, all software, GoPro 3 Black, Gopro 7 Black, Sony PD170, Sony 2100, Sony CX900 HD Camcorder Sony FDR-AX53 4K Camcorder, Mavic mini 2 drone.

Post by alex »

Thanks John I dont know if most of the Renommee owner have the same problem my Prestige does not do that :D
Alex Williams
Videos by Williams
Boynton Beach, Florida
alejanbr@bellsouth.net
pdjohnson
Casablanca Unit: 1 saphir with 10 Bogart
1 Solitaire Plus SE 9.1 Loaded
1 Solitaire SE 9.1 Loaded
2 sony HD cameras
4 Sony VX2100
Canon XSI SLR
2 Canon Rebel T1i
Terabyte external drive

Post by pdjohnson »

I don't have a Renommee but a Solitaire Plus. My footage was going in and appeared very "jerky" for a few weeks.... no problem with the editing. Then,, all of a sudden it is appearing in the footage in the machine. I quad cam a LOT and what looks like it was good footage ended up not matching about half way through the clip. I sent my sony "walkman" which I use to input via firewire in for repair and after a $470 repair... the Solitaire still does it. After eliminating other things, (firewire cable, hard drives etc.) I have determined it is most likely the firewire port I am using on the back of the machine. I can feed in through the RCA and s-video cables without any problems. That footage edits just fine. I talked with Josh in Denver and we are preparing the machine to go in for a good look over and repair. (I a having trouble burning DVDs on the machine too. Disk transfer works, but it won't burn a DVD from Arabesk)
thank goodness I have a backup Solitaire.. We are in the middle of our busy season which is when all this weird "stuff" hits. Good luck on your problem.
David & Pauline
sparks0335
Casablanca Unit: Renommee v9.1 audio effects v1.1a, 3-D shapes v1.1, card drive v1.3d,
disk-transfer v1.2a, DVD arabesk v3.3, effect pack (1-4) v1.1, Front pack (1-4)
PIP studio v1.0, Photo Transfer v1.6c, Power Key v1.0, Title Effects 1 v1.2
Title Effects 2 v1.4, Blue Box World, Object Tracer.
Prestige Plus v4.1

Post by sparks0335 »

Alex I forgot to say that I too don't have this problem on my Prestige. I have used different DV cables, used front DV input,but still the same thing. Maybe someone will have an answer. John
John Boughton
Mechanic9377@yahoo.com
Renommee and Prestige Plus
alex

Post by alex »

Maybe Chet may have some insight since he has a Renommee Plus if he has the same problem their are two many Renommee owners that can share their wisdom in this problem with Hick-ups. :?:
Alex
Alex Williams
Videos by Williams
Boynton Beach, Florida
alejanbr@bellsouth.net
flvideo
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 6.1 for windows, Renommee, Avio pro, and a cassie classic
2 Sony PD170s, 2 panasonic dvx100s, 1 JVC DV300, 1 sony DCRhc42
1 panasonicpvGS120

Post by flvideo »

Alex, I edit with a Renommee, not a plus and I am still in SD but I have had sone of these promlems but its never been in the finished product. I have noticed the sync on my audio off a little at times but its never been in the finished product. Thie Renommee is all in all very sable. I have had problems with the audio when I fast forwarded my tape looking for a particular piece and it messes up the audio sync so I just go back to the story board and fast forward then back to the record screen. Bob...
alex

Post by alex »

Thanks I guest this is normal on this editors I'm only loading SD. I'ts great that we all can help each other in this Forum
Again thanks to everyone that has jump in and to answer my question :D
Alex Williams
Videos by Williams
Boynton Beach, Florida
alejanbr@bellsouth.net
CasablancaExpert
Casablanca Unit: S3000, S4000 PRO, Renommee Plus

Post by CasablancaExpert »

Maybe Chet may have some insight since he has a Renommee Plus if he has the same problem their are two many Renommee owners that can share their wisdom in this problem with Hick-ups. :?:
Hello Alex,
Actually I do not know if I have this issue on my Renommee Plus, or my S4000 PRO. I do not monitor the signal on my editing monitor as it is being imported. I review the footage after it has been ingested. This is particularly true with the newer S-series editors, as in both Bogart V3.6 and in the new Bogart V4.1 there is a check in the System Settings menu that you are advised to adjust to disable preview while recording.

As I explained in the Public Webinar this past week - available for review here - having your editor both work to record your footage smoothly to the Hard Drive AND display the video on a monitor is requiring more of your system resources. This may result in less than accurate display and, I surmise, possible issues with your recorded footage.

P.S. If you ever want to ensure I answer a question specifically directed to me, website members are welcome and invited to send me an email directly. That ensures I am aware of your query. Otherwise it may be days before I pop in here and see it.

Regards,
Chet
Chet Davis
the Casablanca Expert
chet@chetdavis.com
http://www.CasablancaExpert.com
alex

Post by alex »

Thanks Chet next time I will remember to email you I looked at webinar on bogar 4 that you explain about turning off monitor so that is what I will learn to do with the Renommee
Again thanks
Alex Williams
Videos by Williams
Boynton Beach, Florida
alejanbr@bellsouth.net