Final Cut Pro X forums?

For all those great, but off-Casablanca-editing, topics
BobFoster
Casablanca Unit: Foster, Georgia video Productions, Inc
Bishop, GA Karat X2, Bogart 5.6
Most all software, 2X Sony HVR-NX3 Sony HVR-A1U, Sony PD-170/150, Sony HVR Z5U, 3 - Canopus ADVC500 converter, 2 x HXR-NX3 Sony Cameras

Final Cut Pro X forums?

Post by BobFoster »

Does anyone that is using FCP to supplement their Cassie editors have a FCP forum that they would recommend? Most that I have Googled and checked are not usually much good for tips and solutions. Thanks.
Franklinbencosme
Casablanca Unit: B4 WINDOWS main edit system S-6000 as BACKUP and old tapes edit

Re: Final Cut Pro X forums?

Post by Franklinbencosme »

Bob here is you FREE solution !,this is one of the best I found, you will
get many good tutorial here !!..Franklin

http://www.izzyvideo.com/final-cut-pro-x-tutorial/
BobFoster
Most all software, 2X Sony HVR-NX3 Sony HVR-A1U, Sony PD-170/150, Sony HVR Z5U, 3 - Canopus ADVC500 converter, 2 x HXR-NX3 Sony Cameras

Post by BobFoster »

Yes. That is a good tutorial site. However, I am looking more for an interactive forum such as this one where questions can be posed or searched. Most of the "forums" that I found were either gripe sessions or had not been posted on in months. I had already bookmarked the Izzy site. It's a great reference site. Thanks for your reply. Bob F.
Franklinbencosme
Casablanca Unit: B4 WINDOWS main edit system S-6000 as BACKUP and old tapes edit

Bob this is one more that many people are using to learn FCP X
Very easy to get the basic and deep information

Franklin

http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorials/fi ... ro+x-suite
ChrisStone
Casablanca Unit: Renommee Plus w/SE8 and all software

Post by ChrisStone »

Bob
If you're a member of LinkedIn, then you can join in several FCP discussion groups there. There are about 12,000 total people on those forums.
Chris Stone
Etched In Stone Video Productions
Renommee + SE9, All software, Panasonic AF100 Panasonic AG-160,
Adobe Production Suite CS6
Member # 5
BobFoster

Post by BobFoster »

The reason I have added FCPX to my arsenal is because more and more customers are requesting that their projects are website ready. Bogart can do it, BUT it's too slow for long format programs. A 2 hour program edited on FCPX and then encoded to MPEG4 H264 can be converted in 15 minutes. The same program edited on Bogart is real time plus. Up to 4 hours with conversion and transfer. However, for those that also want their program output to DVD, FCPX does not have the ability to produce chapter points or produce custom menus. Using other Apple products can be used as a "workaround" (remember that word) but so far, serious quality losses are incurred. As others on the web have alluded to, Apple has concentrated their efforts to consumer items i.e.. iPad iPod, iPhone etc and are not much interested in the more limited customer base of professional editors. (Read, less profit) The new FPCX is more designed for uploading directly with UTube, Vimeo, iPhone, iPad and iPad. One click and you're there. I have just joined Linkedin as suggested. The FCPX editing program has an easy learning curve for basic editing but is not DVD friendly. If you "Share" directly to "DVD" it is fast and easy BUT no chapters or menu. Thanks for the replies.
Franklinbencosme

Bob, FCPX will do nice and Better DVD comparing ARABESK, we use IDVD and DVD studio pro for NICE menu
and chapters,you just have to transfer from FCPX to any of those 2 options,and if you will like to do your own
temples, just use MOTION(little learning curve), and viola you are in the new road !!!,even you can do BR disc
but you need ENCORE from PREMIERE CS5, it takes a more learning curve.

Talking of BR any MANY CASSIE user are waiting the release of ARABESK 5, but more then that is the UNACCEPTABLE
image degradation when you DONW CONVERT any project from HD to SD (weddings in my case),that we been waiting for almost
2 years, AND no solutions,when you do a HD to SD DVD on the FCPX , the quality is AMAZING, my test is, I put a DVD
made(40mn extra hight quality) in ARABESK from a HD wedding in a Sony new 1080p 120hz 55 inch tv, and it looks
very bad comparing the one we do on FCPX....Why? ask Germany BETA TESTER when they wake up :evil:
BobFoster

Post by BobFoster »

Thanks Franklin. I have iDVD which doesn't have the capability to make chapters in the edited program. DVD studio Pro is a $500 workaround for FCPX and I haven't found it available anymore even if I wanted to go that route. I would be willing to cough up the extra $50 for Motion (not included in FCPX) if I could specify chapters. I have already bitten the bullet for the extra $50 for Compress also now not included in FCPX. All speculation from the FCP users is that Apple will release a software upgrade after the first of the year to correct some of their goofs and omissions on the FCPX release.
Franklinbencosme

Bob what my editors do is the go to COMPRESSOR and then they go to IDVD, but honesty they like
and ($$$$),use more DVD studio PRO very LEARNING CURVE.. :o they are new generation people
(20 years),folks who works for me part time,and I spend my time on my s-6000,when I have a break,
I go and see how they are editing on the FCPX and it looks so easy,one of my new 2012 resolution, is
to learn FCPX,if this consuming time editing wedding, will give me more breaks to learn step by step this
program.
We been using FCP7 for 4 years (my editors, not me), and they only had 2 crash,what lucky they :D
are,me 1 o 3 crash or freeze daily.. :x

Franklin
BobFoster

Post by BobFoster »

I don't know which version of Compressor you are using but the new version 4 does not have any capabilities of designating chapter points. The previous FCP7 had chapter marking capabilities. FCPX does not. Neither does iDVD. IDVD has some interesting menu templates, however, I haven't found a way of hiding or deleting the apple logo in the lower right hand side. My customers probably don't want another companies logo on the video. These are the type questions I am looking for answers on an Apple forum. Hence the request for a good FCPX forum site. I definitely am not a PC or Mac computer person but found FCPX has an easy learning curve for simple projects. When I get some time after finishing current projects, I will explore the Linkedin suggestion.