Editing with stills

For all those great, but off-Casablanca-editing, topics
flvideo50
Casablanca Unit: Renommee

Editing with stills

Post by flvideo50 »

What software does everyone use on the PC to edit stills for Memorials, birthday partys Etc. I have edited my last with my Rennie. It is a pain and takes me way too long. I made about $3 am hour on the last one. Thanks Bob....
BobFoster
Casablanca Unit: Foster, Georgia video Productions, Inc
Bishop, GA Karat X2, Bogart 5.6
Most all software, 2X Sony HVR-NX3 Sony HVR-A1U, Sony PD-170/150, Sony HVR Z5U, 3 - Canopus ADVC500 converter, 2 x HXR-NX3 Sony Cameras

Re: Editing with stills

Post by BobFoster »

If I get hardcopy photos, I transfer them via a camera on a copy stand directly to Reno+ I use "timed recording" to capture 8 second scenes. Next I lightly use "Zoom - In" to simultate a Ken Burns effect. When there are vertical format photos, I use "rectangle" to place the photo over a graphic background from Arabesk BGs and then use the zoom function. After the zoom process, all photos are transitioned on the storyboard using a 2 second cross fade. Add music and done. At $2.50 / photo I can do better than $3 per hour.
flvideo50
Casablanca Unit: Renommee

Post by flvideo50 »

Hey Bob. That sounds like a good idea. I used to have a copy stand years ago but I got rid of it. I didn't use it for a long time. I have been scanning them to my PC and moving them to the rennie by Photo Studio 2. Thats not a bad job there so far but when you need to keep them in some order its a mess. I did one 2 weeks ago that was loike that. It took my helper, my wife, hours to straighten the mess out. I delovered one Christmas that the client didn't care what order they were in and that went well. I used to have a PC program for that but I can't remember the name and I can't find the disc to load it. I lost a hard drive and it was on it. You get $2.50 per Photo? Thats pretty good. I Usually charge $250 for up to 100 pictures. There is a good supply of people interested in that service. I used to do several Memorials for funerals but the funeral homes have caught on and do that them selves. I am going to look for some good software but I may try and dig up and old copy stand. I used mine when I did tape to tape editing several years ago. Thanks for your response. Bob C.
RonaldPawlak
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 5.3 O.S.,Arabesk 5.4c, S4K Pro, most software, not a lot of HD software, Exterrnal USB blu-ray burner, Just purchase (2) XF-100 Canon cameras and one VIXIA HF-S10, HD cameras. (2) Senheisser Wireless Mics.

Post by RonaldPawlak »

At the last March Meeting I was introduced to ProShow Producer by, Ken Smithers, one of the speakers. It takes a little getting use to, but with a little effort it is a well worth software program to use for photo collages. You have to do this on a PC and then transfers it by CD or thumb drive.

One thing I ask people to do when they give tons of photos to shoot is, to put a small number on the back of the photo in the order they want the pictures to appear. Tell them to make sure to use a lead pencil. Why, you may ask? One person used a ball point pen and when they turned the over the photo to write the next number,the ink wasn't dry and I had red numbers on the front of the photos on some of the prints.

I always set pictures up on a copy stand and fed the photos directly into my S4000/pro editor by fire wire. That way you can see the results on the monitor and make the necessary corrections to the gain, and contrast. If the colors are really bad I first feed them to a processing amplifier and then into the editor and make the corrections. Works for me and saves a lot of time and effort.