any one using Sony Handycam HDR-AX2000 Camcorder

For all those great, but off-Casablanca-editing, topics
johno
Casablanca Unit: s4000 pro

any one using Sony Handycam HDR-AX2000 Camcorder

Post by johno »

i'm thinking of buying a high def camcorder the Sony HDR-AX2000. has anyone used this camcorder and if so, how easy is it to input footage to the cassie editors. the ax2000 is a tapeless camcorder and has firewire and usb outputs.
TimKennelly
Casablanca Unit: No Casablanca unit currently.

Re: any one using Sony Handycam HDR-AX2000 Camcorder

Post by TimKennelly »

You might want to check the HDR-AX2000's stats again, I don't believe the AX2000 has firewire.

It has some sort of sub jack for component that looks like a firewire jack, but isn't.

That said, as long as you are using a Bogart system the USB method should work fine and I have always found the Sony line to be imminently compatible with all MSUS editors.

I can't speak towards the HDR-AX2000 specifically though, perhaps someone else here has first person experience with it.
My mom always told me that happiness was the key to life.
At school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I said “happy" and they told me I didn’t understand the question.
I told them they didn’t understand life.

Tim Kennelly
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

No firewire and this is the baby brother of the NX-5. Some are reporting file break-up problems in BOGART with the NX-5 so be cautious.
methuenbill
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca Studio Pro (unable to use with latest software) The old reliable S6000 still working and using till Studio Pro works. Avio DVD, IMac, Panasonic AG-AC30, 3 Panasonic AG-UG90 last Bogart software and Arabesk release

Post by methuenbill »

I use the NX-5 and I can't even load a HD file into the 4000. It will only take SD from the NX-5.