best way to download video

For all those great, but off-Casablanca-editing, topics
andra
Casablanca Unit: prestige, basic model not many bells and whistles, yet!

best way to download video

Post by andra »

I have about 4 hours of footage on mini dv tapes that a friend wants to put in his computer and on usb flash drives...no editing needed....my camera has dv ports and s-video and rca jacks (panasonic agdcv7)....computer has usb ports and the typical a/v input for a laptop.

What is the best way to do this?
BobFoster
Casablanca Unit: Foster, Georgia video Productions, Inc
Bishop, GA Karat X2, Bogart 5.6
Most all software, 2X Sony HVR-NX3 Sony HVR-A1U, Sony PD-170/150, Sony HVR Z5U, 3 - Canopus ADVC500 converter, 2 x HXR-NX3 Sony Cameras

Re: best way to download video

Post by BobFoster »

4 hours?? I would use Low Tech. 8-) Put on USB thumb drive and overnight ship to customer.
Bob F. GVP
andra
Casablanca Unit: prestige, basic model not many bells and whistles, yet!

Post by andra »

I'm guessing that would be the easyist and best way too...basically just take the laptop outa the loop and plug a usb flash drive into one of the usb slots on the back of my prestige and send it there. Should work I guess....I've never tried it before on the prestige...

Btw Bob it's not for a client, it's for a friend in the Army who is in Bosnia (yes...we still have a few soldiers there!?)lol....it's footage of his son and daughter in little league football action...she's a "mini-cheerleader"! It's four games and halftime action of the lil midgets! They're so awesome...it'll put a smile on his face. :mrgreen:
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Post by CKNewman »

I don't think there's a feature in Smart Edit software that will allow to export video to a thumb drive. I think you may have to load the video into a PC and then from a utility or editing program in the PC export to a thumb drive.
Craig Newman
Christopher6206
Casablanca Unit: Travel 2 running Win Bogart 12. Karat, running Bogart 10.6, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster

Post by Christopher6206 »

Using a Prestige with "not many bells and whistles" I think I would use the fire wire output of the camera into the prestige and just make standard DVDs. best chance of not running into any compatability issues. Even if his computer won't play it,(which it could with a Codec patch) a DVD player (with region code 1 or universal region code) would.
Chris Crawford
Travel 2, running Bogart 12, All software
Karat with Bogart 10.3 , Arabesk 7
S-4000 Pro with Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster, most software
Panasonic AG-AC 160, Sony NEX-VG900, Sony NXCAM - NX30U
Cannon XF-705