best way to download video

For all those great, but off-Casablanca-editing, topics

best way to download video

Postby andra » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:22 pm

I have about 4 hours of footage on mini dv tapes that a friend wants to put in his computer and on usb flash drives...no editing needed....my camera has dv ports and s-video and rca jacks (panasonic agdcv7)....computer has usb ports and the typical a/v input for a laptop.

What is the best way to do this?
andra

Casablanca Unit: prestige, basic model not many bells and whistles, yet!

Re: best way to download video

Postby BobFoster » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:20 am

4 hours?? I would use Low Tech. 8-) Put on USB thumb drive and overnight ship to customer.
Bob F. GVP
BobFoster

Casablanca Unit: Foster, Georgia video Productions, Inc
Bishop, GA Karat X2, Bogart 5.6
Most all software, 2X Sony HVR-NX3 Sony HVR-A1U, Sony PD-170/150, Sony HVR Z5U, 3 - Canopus ADVC500 converter, 2 x HXR-NX3 Sony Cameras

Postby andra » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:21 am

I'm guessing that would be the easyist and best way too...basically just take the laptop outa the loop and plug a usb flash drive into one of the usb slots on the back of my prestige and send it there. Should work I guess....I've never tried it before on the prestige...

Btw Bob it's not for a client, it's for a friend in the Army who is in Bosnia (yes...we still have a few soldiers there!?)lol....it's footage of his son and daughter in little league football action...she's a "mini-cheerleader"! It's four games and halftime action of the lil midgets! They're so awesome...it'll put a smile on his face. :mrgreen:
andra

Casablanca Unit: prestige, basic model not many bells and whistles, yet!

Postby CKNewman » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:50 am

I don't think there's a feature in Smart Edit software that will allow to export video to a thumb drive. I think you may have to load the video into a PC and then from a utility or editing program in the PC export to a thumb drive.
Craig Newman
CKNewman

Casablanca Unit: Bogart for Windows 8.4, Arabesk 7, Sentry Backup, Power Key; Kron Plus SE 8.3, Avio DV SE 3.6, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols.

Postby Christopher6206 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:48 pm

Using a Prestige with "not many bells and whistles" I think I would use the fire wire output of the camera into the prestige and just make standard DVDs. best chance of not running into any compatability issues. Even if his computer won't play it,(which it could with a Codec patch) a DVD player (with region code 1 or universal region code) would.
Chris Crawford
Karat with Bogart 6.1 , Arabesk 6.3e
S-4000 Pro with Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster, most software
Solitaire with Smart Edit 9, all software
Cannon XH-A1s, Sony NXCAM - NX30U
Christopher6206

Casablanca Unit: Karat, running Bogart 6.1 and Arabesk 6.3e, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster, Solitaire SE 9

Return to General Video Topics