USB stick won't play in Playstation 3

For all those great, but off-Casablanca-editing, topics

USB stick won't play in Playstation 3

Postby LenVine » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:39 pm

I have a USB stick with various video files on it, AVI, MP4 and WMV, and they all play perfectly when I put the stick in the USB input of my Blu-ray player, but when I put the same USB stick in my Playstation 3, and click on USB Device, I get the message "There are no titles".
Why is this, and how can I get my Playstation 3 to read the video files ?
LenVine

Casablanca Unit: Renommee Plus

Re: USB stick won't play in Playstation 3

Postby LenVine » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:23 am

I got an answer from Lou.
He said to make a folder called VIDEO in capital letters, and put the required file into it, which I did,
I sent the folder to the USB stick, and put it in my PS3.
It recognized the VIDEO folder. I clicked on it, and my file showed up. I clicked on the file, and it played.

Thanks again, Lou.
LenVine

Casablanca Unit: Renommee Plus

Re: USB stick won't play in Playstation 3

Postby LouBruno » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:44 am

Glad it worked!
LOU BRUNO

Gocycle@optonline.net
LouBruno

Casablanca Unit: KARAT, STUDIO ULTRA and the S6000 with Blu-ray with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE PROGE72VR laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. GLIDECAM HD-2000, THE FLIP MINO personal HD web-style cameras-Gen 3, Two I-Pods 4G/HD recording, I-Pad 4,

SONY PXW-X70 AVCHD and XAVC 50Mb. SONY FDR-53 4K, SONY HXR-HMC2500
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players.
TWO SONY HDV decks, JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, 7 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@optonline.net

Return to General Video Topics