Video Cameras That Are Compatible With Casablaca

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
MarkLarson
Casablanca Unit: Kron, Prestige

Video Cameras That Are Compatible With Casablaca

Post by MarkLarson »

Here would be a great place to list all the compatible video cameras that you have found to work well with the Casablanca and also problems or issues regarding procedures for use with Casablanca.
Last edited by MarkLarson on Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sincerely, Mark Larson
PromoMyHome.Com
PromoMyHome.TV
PromoMyHotel.Com
MarkLarson
Casablanca Unit: Kron, Prestige

Re: JVC-HD7

Post by MarkLarson »

JVC-HD7 works with Casablanca. I purchased it yesterday but there is a trick that you need to know regarding uploading the clips. If you plan on using it with Casablanca you need to shoot the original clips in 1440 CBR. when you make a play list select the play list but on the joystick don't push down. push the joystick to the right and it will bring up a hidden menu. Then you can follow the next dubbing procedure from there. This info is not in the manual and I had to search all over the internet to find it. If you need any help about this let me know. HOPE THIS HELPS
Sincerely, Mark Larson
PromoMyHome.Com
PromoMyHome.TV
PromoMyHotel.Com
KimSWilliamson
Casablanca Unit: Renommee

Re: Video Cameras That Are Compatible With Casablaca

Post by KimSWilliamson »

Thanks for bringing up this topic.

I recently uploaded some Hi8 footage directly into my Renommee with no problem.

I now have a customer with a JVC hard drive consumer level camcorder full of footage for me to edit. I do not know if I can directly load it into my Renommee from her camcorder - it is tapeless with only a hard drive. Any suggestions?

Also she has a small digital camera that has some video footage also, - any one know how to get this footage from a digital camera into Renommee?

My little Sony DCR-HC21 has been my workhorse for uploading via firewire into my Renommee. I shoot with my old SonyVX2K, but dont' use it to upload into Renommee.

Thanks again,

Kim S. Williamson
Comfort, TX :lol:
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Re: JVC-HD7

Post by LouBruno »

This is an excellent find!!!! Is it not amazing that we have to go through hoops and hurdles to perform a simple task?
It seems that there is always "HIDDEN" methods of pushing buttons twice, powering up and down etc. just to execute a simple procedure like downloading footage.
MarkLarson wrote:JVC-HD7 works with Casablanca. I purchased it yesterday but there is a trick that you need to know regarding uploading the clips. If you plan on using it with Casablanca you need to shoot the original clips in 1440 CBR. when you make a play list select the play list but on the joystick don't push down. push the joystick to the right and it will bring up a hidden menu. Then you can follow the next dubbing procedure from there. This info is not in the manual and I had to search all over the internet to find it. If you need any help about this let me know. HOPE THIS HELPS