4K Pro owners.

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
ShadowVision
Casablanca Unit: AVIO DV SE 6; S4000Pro, DVX100; Sony HDV1000U; Sony HC9 with Letus mini and lenses, MacBook Pro

Re: 4K Pro owners.

Post by ShadowVision »

Media Manager has been frustrating to me. The archives compression is a mystery.

As an example, my Film Fix show that I cut in SE I exported to archives and then tried to compress using media manager so I could just pop it into einsiders' video player. But there is a problem. While it will compress the video, the audio only last a few seconds. Chet was kind enough to go over it with me and the same problem resulted.

I'd love for the compression issues of Media Manager to be solved.

As an aside, I've not lost any frames from what I could tell. This happens even in Final Cut for me from time to time. I've also had audio sync issues with Final Cut that I've not experienced with my AVIO or S4KP.
Jonathan W. Hickman
Author of THE TASTER
PaulBusta
Casablanca Unit: S4000Pro & Bogart V2.1e OS, with much software.

Post by PaulBusta »

Hi swiss, do you have a name? That's your first post but I can see you are an avid Cassi user, welcome to the forum. :D I wonder if MSDE is working on a PAL fix also. How about it Dennis.
Paul Busta

P.A.B. Digital Video Productions
S4000Pro & Bogart V2.1e OS with much software.
Casablanca user since 1997.
Operations
Casablanca Unit: Bogart

Post by Operations »

Yes Paul they are addressing the issue in both PAL and NTSC.

Dennis
PaulBusta

Post by PaulBusta »

Dennis, I know your probably overwhelmed there right now but I'm sure I speak for all of us here when I say THANK YOU very much for the information your providing us here on the forum. :D
Paul Busta

LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

Do not engage OPTIMIZED and re-try in GOOD QUALITY. I guarantee your audio will work. OPTIMIZE tends to over optimize at times.
ShadowVision wrote:Media Manager has been frustrating to me. The archives compression is a mystery.

As an example, my Film Fix show that I cut in SE I exported to archives and then tried to compress using media manager so I could just pop it into einsiders' video player. But there is a problem. While it will compress the video, the audio only last a few seconds. Chet was kind enough to go over it with me and the same problem resulted.

I'd love for the compression issues of Media Manager to be solved.

As an aside, I've not lost any frames from what I could tell. This happens even in Final Cut for me from time to time. I've also had audio sync issues with Final Cut that I've not experienced with my AVIO or S4KP.
TimKennelly
Casablanca Unit: No Casablanca unit currently.

Post by TimKennelly »

Good to hear Dennis that Germany thinks they have the dropped frame issue resolved.

Franklin, calm down, not everyone is experiencing the issue, I am not for example, but some are and it needs to be fixed and apparently is being as we speak.

The S4000Pro is a much more powerful beast than any of the second generation machines, works on a completely different operating system and has much more complexity in the form of Media Manager.

In this case complexity is good as it's added features you can just ignore until or unless you want to use them and as they are a separate function they do not bog you down if you just want to edit similarly to what you have been in the past on the RenPlus.

Do not load up optional software that has not yet been Ok'd for the S4P as that can cause unforeseen problems and no one needs those.

As they have moved to a completely new operating system (Linux based) there will a learning process by the company to make everything work the way it has been promised to.

As long as they address the issues steadily and fairly promptly it's all good.

Your early Kron problem analogy is fairly spot on in my opinion where most of the problems regarding the S4P that are not user related amount to the software needing to catch up with the hardware and it's happening bit by bit.

Just keep the fixes and added capabilities coming MSUS! 8-)
Last edited by TimKennelly on Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My mom always told me that happiness was the key to life.
At school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I said “happy" and they told me I didn’t understand the question.
I told them they didn’t understand life.

Tim Kennelly
PaulBusta

Post by PaulBusta »

Tim....I think you need to put your glasses on and back up a few posts. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Paul Busta

Franklinbencosme
Casablanca Unit: B4 WINDOWS main edit system S-6000 as BACKUP and old tapes edit

Post by Franklinbencosme »

Hey Tim Thanks for your honest opinion,you are right about
the s-pro, today I opened the Box(wooowww it looks amazing).

Tomorrow I will take the time to install all of sofware that comes with
the s-pro!! if I need any help for sure I will ask my brothers for suggestions
during this process to the MS FAMILY !!!hahahahha

Thanks Franklin !!!

ps-Jim today I bought my ticket to MOLINE($$$$$,expensive) but what we are going
to learn it's priceless
TimKennelly
Casablanca Unit: No Casablanca unit currently.

Post by TimKennelly »

My bad Paul.

Franklin,

Two words of caution, read the instructions that say "Read first" (or some such) as this WILL save you time and head ache and the other caution is watch out for those heat fins on the back as they are really sharp.
My mom always told me that happiness was the key to life.
At school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I said “happy" and they told me I didn’t understand the question.
I told them they didn’t understand life.

Tim Kennelly
jimmeeker
Casablanca Unit: Avio, Solitaire, with OS 9.1 and S-6000 with Bogart 5 & all software

Post by jimmeeker »

Franklin,

Glad to hear you have your plane tickets to the Moline Airport for the MGT. Go to the Schuttle bus counter and get the shuttle to Davenport, Iowa...across the Mississippi River from Moline, and go to the Clarion Hotel and Convention Center.
Here it is.Image

We have all the speakers filled now and you can see the schedule of events at the MGT web site
http://www.marchgettogether.com

Maybe next year you could teach us about your beautiful work.
Jim Meeker
The Old Timer

Founder of the
"March Get Together"

We Remember
12-7-41 and 9-11-01
Milan, Illinois
S-6000 w/Bogart 5 /Solitaire, Avio DVD / All Software OS 9.1/ Panasonic HMC150p AVCHD Camcorder