CANON CAMERAS and SE 7-READ

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

CANON CAMERAS and SE 7-READ

Post by LouBruno »

I have rectified the situation and found a solution to the CANON camera stuttering and jittering of the video signal after several hours this afternoon of extensive testing between HDV cameras and HDV decks. As reported prior by some CANON camera owners, there was a frame interlace problem with the Canon cameras which resulted in a jittery look. Below is the cure which will make many HV-20/30 XH A-1 and XHl-1 Canon owners happy as well as those SONY owners who have the wrong setting for their cameras. This only applies to EXPORTING video from the FINISH window.

============================================
I went to SYSTEMS SETTINGS in Smart Edit 7>ADDITIONAL SETTINGS> and then adjusted the HDV FIELD ORDER in the dropdown menu to SWAPPED which prompted me to render the entire project once again. Lo and Behold, after re-rendering the HDV storyboard, I exported the HDV project to the CANON CAMERA without a problem.

In closing: The user must go to the AFOREMENTIONED instructions and settings above.....the set to:

NORMAL=SONY CAMERA
SWAPPED=CANON CAMERAS.

It should be noted that:

. The SONY deck can be used in the SWAPPED mode ONLY if the tape WITHIN the SONY deck will be played in the CANON camera. Otherwise the user must re-set the FIELD ORDER back to MORMAL for use with SONY products. Such as a SONY HDV deck or SONY HDV camera. Of course this requires a re-render of the entire HDV project whenever SWAPPED and NORMAL are changed. Ouch!!!!!

. Secondly, in the SWAPPED mode, the CANON HDV camera has FULL compatibility with the current Casablanca editing systems. This refers to the direct EXPORT from the FINISH window to the CANON HDV cameras.

NOTE: I would also like to give credit to JUSTIN of the MSUS staff who gave me guidance in this matter.
--------------------
Macromax
Casablanca Unit: S4000 Pro, Bogart 4.5c, Arabesk 5.3, Hard disk BU 1.6, Effects packs 1 to 8

Re: CANON CAMERAS and SE 7-READ

Post by Macromax »

This is great news it fixed a problem I have had for some time with my Canon HV20. The SE 7 Manual apart from mentioning the SE 7 new features on page 6 and 7 it fails to explaine how to use any of them.
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Re: CANON CAMERAS and SE 7-READ

Post by LouBruno »

Glad it worked. I also received a thanks from other owners as well.
Macromax wrote:This is great news it fixed a problem I have had for some time with my Canon HV20. The SE 7 Manual apart from mentioning the SE 7 new features on page 6 and 7 it fails to explaine how to use any of them.