Solitaire Lock Up

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
bvolcjak
Casablanca Unit: Solitaire V7: DRC-Arabesk4.0, DRC-PhotoST2, DRC-FontSPKPRO, BorderX-BorderX, DRC-PIPSTUDIO, DRC-TITLEFX, TITLE FX2-TITLEFX2, TITLEX3D-TITLEFX3D, SPLIT-X-SPLIT-X, Bonus PkV1.0, Bonus EffectsV1.0, Effect Pks.1-4, Motion 3D, 1&2, VME Compact, Effects Pk 1,3,4V1.1, SplitXimage collection V1.0, Panasonic DVX100A camcorder

Solitaire Lock Up

Post by bvolcjak »

While working in the DVD Arabesk "Edit Menu", I must have inadvertantly done something wrong and my Solitaire locked up. When this happened, the only thing I could do was manually turn off the unit via the front ON/OFF button.

When I powered up, I received a prompt that the unit was not turned off properly etc.

Does all of this cause any harm to the Solitaire?
Bill Volcjak,
Annapolis, Md.
Lowell
Casablanca Unit: 1 casablanca solitaire most software. liberty plus all software one S4000 pro most software. One S4000 pro all software. 6 panasonic and 2 sony 3ccd cams. running Se9 on solitare and bogart 3.2 on both S4000's.

Re: Solitaire Lock Up

Post by Lowell »

bvolcjak whenever your solitare goes down by forcing it to quit or the box of death it will show that sign not properly shut off. Don't worry about it.
Lowell Brockway email: justperfectvideo@sbcglobal.net 330-922-5606
HansJoachimKoenig
Casablanca Unit: KARAT Bogart 7.1
1-Monitor Mode
Almost all software
Arabesk 6.3f / Ext-HD /Ext-HD-Dock
Sony Cam XR520

Post by HansJoachimKoenig »

Don't worry about hang-ups or crashes in your system.
The only thing that could happen you loose some data of your recent edit work.
So after some long time of editing (1hour) I would shut down the system, thus your
recent work is being saved,
Power up again and all is there again to continue editing
Hans-Joachim König
Berlin / Germany
jimmeeker
Casablanca Unit: Avio, Solitaire, with OS 9.1 and S-6000 with Bogart 5 & all software

Post by jimmeeker »

Hello Bill,

The unit is protecting itself when it shuts down or gives you the red box of death. The designers did us a favor with this built in protection.The designers then had to mess with our heads by putting that insulting message that we didn't shut it off properly. We really could do without that dumb remark, especially when the problem is self generated by the software that they designed.

It is a good idea to force a "Save" regularly and this can be done in several ways. The most time consuming method is to shut the Solitaire down and then power up again. This does cause the system to save your work up until the time of the shut down.

The next method is to merely switch to another project and then switch back again....this forces a save.

Still another way is to just click on the record button and it'll force a save even if you don't record anything. Listen very closely, you can hear the HD work to do the save when any of these operations are carried out.

Be thankful that your Solitaire does protect itself, and on the other hand forgive them (the designers) for the very rude notice about it. We have all been living with this injustice since the end of the last century, and are doing just fine in spite of it.
Jim Meeker
The Old Timer

Founder of the
"March Get Together"

We Remember
12-7-41 and 9-11-01
Milan, Illinois
S-6000 w/Bogart 5 /Solitaire, Avio DVD / All Software OS 9.1/ Panasonic HMC150p AVCHD Camcorder
bvolcjak
Casablanca Unit: Solitaire V7: DRC-Arabesk4.0, DRC-PhotoST2, DRC-FontSPKPRO, BorderX-BorderX, DRC-PIPSTUDIO, DRC-TITLEFX, TITLE FX2-TITLEFX2, TITLEX3D-TITLEFX3D, SPLIT-X-SPLIT-X, Bonus PkV1.0, Bonus EffectsV1.0, Effect Pks.1-4, Motion 3D, 1&2, VME Compact, Effects Pk 1,3,4V1.1, SplitXimage collection V1.0, Panasonic DVX100A camcorder

Post by bvolcjak »

My thanks again to you all for your follow up. I apologize for taking so long to thank you. Have a good day / weekend.
Bill Volcjak,
Annapolis, Md.