YouTube Posting

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
JohnPhillips
Casablanca Unit: Prestige 256RAM/Bonus Effects/DVD Arabesk 3/FontpackPro/Magic Lights/Motion Perfect/Photo Studio2/Photo Transfer/Title Effect Pack/SmartEdit 4.1d/BlueBoxWorld

YouTube Posting

Post by JohnPhillips »

I recently videoed a friend who is a Stand-up comedian. I edited the footage on my Prestige and the project came out great. He has asked me to upload it to YouTube. However, after I upload the footage I get a message from YouTube that it cannot be processed because it is an invalid format. Can anyone give me some insight? Thanks.
ChrisStone
Casablanca Unit: Renommee Plus w/SE8 and all software

Re: YouTube Posting

Post by ChrisStone »

John
Youtube accepts wmv,mov,mpg and avi files. If you're trying to upload an avi I'm guessing it wont accept our type 1 avi file format. If you have disk transfer try saving your video to disk in the type 2 format. Then import the video into your pc from the disk and try uploading that. If your firewireing the video from your cassie to your pc then you may need to use a pc editing program like windows movie maker to convert it to an accepted format. On the youtube site, click on help, in the search bar type "upload formats" and you'll see numerous links for help with that.
Chris Stone
Etched In Stone Video Productions
Renommee + SE9, All software, Panasonic AF100 Panasonic AG-160,
Adobe Production Suite CS6
Member # 5
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

Uploads can take a long time and may even be rejected as too big of a file.

Click on the link below. This will convert your files to MPEG4 which will download fast. Don't be concerned about quality. YOUTUBE is not about quality but content.

http://www.squared5.com/
RobertCarpentier
Casablanca Unit: Renommee Plus with SE 8.1 and Arabesk 4.1e. Much software but not all.
Sony NX 3/1, Canon XH A-1, Canon HV-20, Audio-Technica 897 shotgun, Sennheiser G3 100 Series Wireless Combo w/ SKM100-835 Mic, Sony TRV-900.

Post by RobertCarpentier »

Actually, John, was your method to upload from a DVD, as Chris suggested? Or was it from tape - or direct firewire to your Casablanca unit? Although I am new to YouTube posting, I would venture to say that source (and destination) are key factors. Regarding uploading to your PC first, I make sure Windows Movie Maker does NOT split the incoming file (.avi in my case) into separate scenes. Hope it works out for you.

Robert Carpentier :D
Carpentier Pro Videography - Wedding/Event/Travel Videography, now serving Central Florida. Have Camera Will Travel. CarpentierProVideo@yahoo.com and CarpentierProVideo on YouTube.