.AVI Files & Casablanca

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
JBrooks
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca 4 Studio Pro Ultra, Panasonic AG-DVX200 HD/4K Camera, GoPro Hero 2 and Hero 4 Black, Sony and Azden UHF Wireless Mics, Manfrotto 509 HD Pro Tripods, LitePanel Pro Camera Light, iKan 508B LED Portable Light kits.

.AVI Files & Casablanca

Post by JBrooks »

Hello to all. I know this subject has been discussed many times but I have a customer that sent me a dv avi file with 4 minutes of footage on it. Disk Transfer will NOT read it. I have 6.2c OS Renommee Plus, and I ask the client to save as a dv avi file. I understand it was created in a premiere editing program. I do not know if it was premiere pro or standard. I came across a casablanca forum print out I saved from a couple of years ago that stated avi files created in a pc sould be saved as: dv ntsc avi. I assume he was working in NTSC mode vs, pal. I am a little confused as to what I should tell him as far as which avi to save as. I here the new S-4000 units wil not be as sensitive as to which avi files that can be read.
I really need some advise fast as I do not want to lose this job because of a simple file issue. I may have to ask him to transfer the footage to dv tape.

Thanks for any info.

Joel Brooks
Joel Brooks
MIT Video Productions
Macrosystem Americas Dealer
www.mitvideoproductions.com
jbrooks@mitvideoproductions.com
817-771-8347
JBrooks
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca 4 Studio Pro Ultra, Panasonic AG-DVX200 HD/4K Camera, GoPro Hero 2 and Hero 4 Black, Sony and Azden UHF Wireless Mics, Manfrotto 509 HD Pro Tripods, LitePanel Pro Camera Light, iKan 508B LED Portable Light kits.

Re: .AVI Files & Casablanca

Post by JBrooks »

To everyone,

I just tried to open the file with windows media player on a pc and a pop-up window said, cannot open file because of an un-known file extension and contains un-known codecs.

I am begining to think he did not just save as a dv.avi.
I have contacted him a he will send dv tape version.

I am still open to tell future clients what to save as the correct avi file.

Joel
Joel Brooks
MIT Video Productions
Macrosystem Americas Dealer
www.mitvideoproductions.com
jbrooks@mitvideoproductions.com
817-771-8347