Top came off

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
methuenbill
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca Studio Pro (unable to use with latest software) The old reliable S6000 still working and using till Studio Pro works. Avio DVD, IMac, Panasonic AG-AC30, 3 Panasonic AG-UG90 last Bogart software and Arabesk release

Top came off

Post by methuenbill »

I have a video of a dance recital where one of the girls top came off. How can I fix this problem and still have a video that people can watch? :o
Lowell
Casablanca Unit: 1 casablanca solitaire most software. liberty plus all software one S4000 pro most software. One S4000 pro all software. 6 panasonic and 2 sony 3ccd cams. running Se9 on solitare and bogart 3.2 on both S4000's.

Re: Top came off

Post by Lowell »

the best way would be object tracer program. You could put something over part you want covered up. hth. Lowell Oh if you come to meekers gtg bring a copy :P :mrgreen:
Lowell Brockway email: justperfectvideo@sbcglobal.net 330-922-5606
TimKennelly
Casablanca Unit: No Casablanca unit currently.

Post by TimKennelly »

A little more info would be helpful Bill and I am not talking about age of the girl. :D

Is she moving around (the show must go on) or what?

If she was in one place a spot blur would probably be the most appropriate and certainly the easiest method and is what you would see on television, etc.

If she moved around the screen you could try Object Tracer although with that one I have always gotten mixed to dubious results for tracking anything that is not high contrast with no foreground issues.
My mom always told me that happiness was the key to life.
At school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I said “happy" and they told me I didn’t understand the question.
I told them they didn’t understand life.

Tim Kennelly
methuenbill
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca Studio Pro (unable to use with latest software) The old reliable S6000 still working and using till Studio Pro works. Avio DVD, IMac, Panasonic AG-AC30, 3 Panasonic AG-UG90 last Bogart software and Arabesk release

Post by methuenbill »

The girl is young but is the tallest on stage dancing to grease lightning. It shows more on the close up as we pan down the line of girls when wide its not to obvious. Thanks for the suggestions.
methuenbill

Post by methuenbill »

where do I find the object tracer program?
Lowell
Casablanca Unit: 1 casablanca solitaire most software. liberty plus all software one S4000 pro most software. One S4000 pro all software. 6 panasonic and 2 sony 3ccd cams. running Se9 on solitare and bogart 3.2 on both S4000's.

Post by Lowell »

The object tracer program is an add on It currently cost $159. You can look it up in the all software portion on Macro System website. You could install it as a demo to make sure it would work for you. All you need is the software CD go to install and install object tracer as demo then try it. HTH. Lowell
Lowell Brockway email: justperfectvideo@sbcglobal.net 330-922-5606
TimKennelly
Casablanca Unit: No Casablanca unit currently.

Post by TimKennelly »

Bill,

I would strongly recommend demo use of Object Tracer to test it's viability for the purpose intended as you may be disappointed in it's capabilities for the specific purpose you want it for.

Normally, a dance recital setting is less than ideal settings for Object Tracer's fairly high demand of contrast ratios of target to background/foreground for accurate tracking.
My mom always told me that happiness was the key to life.
At school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I said “happy" and they told me I didn’t understand the question.
I told them they didn’t understand life.

Tim Kennelly
MartinWilson
Casablanca Unit: Solitaire / Prestige / Avio DV x 2 v4 / Basic Avio x 2 v1

Post by MartinWilson »

Bill,

How long is she on screen for in the unfortunate pose, could you just not insert another clip over the offending part, such as a clip of the audience.
Martin

GTFC Video

Goole, East Yorkshire, England
methuenbill

Post by methuenbill »

Just talked to the mother and as you can only see her breast when we zoom in and pan down the line of girls, we would freeze the picture just before the girl gets in the picture. Most of the time the girl is blocked by a girl in front of her.
Thanks for all the info.
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Post by CKNewman »

Just thinking here... You could split the clip into three parts - G1 before the girl, G2 the girl, G3 after the girl. Make a copy of G2 the girl. Take that copy and use one or more effects to blur the entire image. When it's blurred enough, use copy rectangle in Blue Box World and cut out a horizontal rectangle from the blurred copy and position it over the problem area of the original clip G2.

Easier still, you may be able to create and position a background horizontal rectangle in the titler that would cover and blur the problem.
Craig Newman