Disk Transfer Question

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
JBrooks
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca 4 Studio Pro Ultra, Panasonic AG-DVX200 HD/4K Camera, GoPro Hero 2 and Hero 4 Black, Sony and Azden UHF Wireless Mics, Manfrotto 509 HD Pro Tripods, LitePanel Pro Camera Light, iKan 508B LED Portable Light kits.

Disk Transfer Question

Post by JBrooks »

I noticed in the Disk Transfer manual under the export from adobe premeire pro that you should set the "Video Compressor" setting to DV PAL.
Is that for Pal systems only, or should you select DV NTSC? It's a little confussing. I have a client trying to save an appropriate dv .avi file for my Reno Plus.

Joel
Joel Brooks
MIT Video Productions
Macrosystem Americas Dealer
www.mitvideoproductions.com
jbrooks@mitvideoproductions.com
817-771-8347
TimKennelly
Casablanca Unit: No Casablanca unit currently.

Re: Disk Transfer Question

Post by TimKennelly »

It should be PAL in PAL land and NTSC in NTSC land.

The process is not really confusing, it just seems that way because so few software products can create a compatible file and even within those the settings have to be exact or it does not work.

For instance, I can create a compatible AVI with Sony Vegas from just about any format and burn it to DVD with Ashampoo Burning Studio 7 with flawless and consistant compatible results, but I do agree it is ridiculous to have to buy from a very limited choice of software for such compatibility.

As luck would have it the two I use I bought for other reasons and found they worked, but many do not.
My mom always told me that happiness was the key to life.
At school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I said “happy" and they told me I didn’t understand the question.
I told them they didn’t understand life.

Tim Kennelly