SE 7 Cut Recognition

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
RobertCarpentier
Casablanca Unit: Renommee Plus with SE 8.1 and Arabesk 4.1e. Much software but not all.
Sony NX 3/1, Canon XH A-1, Canon HV-20, Audio-Technica 897 shotgun, Sennheiser G3 100 Series Wireless Combo w/ SKM100-835 Mic, Sony TRV-900.

SE 7 Cut Recognition

Post by RobertCarpentier »

Hi Friends,

Just loaded SE 7 (finally!) and I have 2 inquiries:

1) Even using the bootup disc there was no apparent choice to do a clean install. (Previous version 6.2c) Is that normal?
2) Settings > Additional Settings > Cut Recognition > Time. Loading downconverted HDV footage from Canon HV 20, then Auto-Split. The scenes are split with a "lag" of 2 or 3 frames from the previous scene. Is that normal?

Thanks, Robert :D
Carpentier Pro Videography - Wedding/Event/Travel Videography, now serving Central Florida. Have Camera Will Travel. CarpentierProVideo@yahoo.com and CarpentierProVideo on YouTube.
TimKennelly
Casablanca Unit: No Casablanca unit currently.

Re: SE 7 Cut Recognition

Post by TimKennelly »

I do not know of any HV20 issue with your Renommee, Robert.

Splits being off I have run into with a corrupt OS though.

Powering up with the Boot CD with your RenPlus, choose language and choose No to the upgrade question and then you will get the option of a full, destructive OS install which will require two Yes answers in a row to initiate it.
My mom always told me that happiness was the key to life.
At school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I said “happy" and they told me I didn’t understand the question.
I told them they didn’t understand life.

Tim Kennelly
RobertCarpentier
Casablanca Unit: Renommee Plus with SE 8.1 and Arabesk 4.1e. Much software but not all.
Sony NX 3/1, Canon XH A-1, Canon HV-20, Audio-Technica 897 shotgun, Sennheiser G3 100 Series Wireless Combo w/ SKM100-835 Mic, Sony TRV-900.

Post by RobertCarpentier »

Thanks, Tim - and stupid me for not remembering the procedure for a clean install. I have done that now and SE 7 is up and running - but I'm still having the same problem. I get the auto split - but it's not frame accurate. The thumbnail for every scene is a frame from the previous one. To clean it up I have to manually trim 2 or 3 frames from the beginning of each scene.

I tried tests changing field order and / or timecode settings (back to Casablanca) and neither seems to alter it. Again, this is a camera downconvert from the HV 20 (shot at 60i) into a 16x9 anamorphic project. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks, Robert :cry: :D
Carpentier Pro Videography - Wedding/Event/Travel Videography, now serving Central Florida. Have Camera Will Travel. CarpentierProVideo@yahoo.com and CarpentierProVideo on YouTube.
TimKennelly
Casablanca Unit: No Casablanca unit currently.

Post by TimKennelly »

Once it took to full, destructive installs when I was having a similar problem with my Solitaire and a Sony cam.

The fact that it was happening with software and cams that I had used effectively previously convinced me it had to be an OS corruption, but it's possible in your case it is not and is a specific cam compatibility or cam/RenPlus compatibility problem.

I know the HV20 and the Prestige/Kron has an HDV export issue.
My mom always told me that happiness was the key to life.
At school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I said “happy" and they told me I didn’t understand the question.
I told them they didn’t understand life.

Tim Kennelly