IMPORT MENU FOR HV20/30-TIP FOR SAVING

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

IMPORT MENU FOR HV20/30-TIP FOR SAVING

Post by LouBruno »

I moved this topic for more visibility from General Topics as this is an important tip. Some Canon owners of the HV-20 and HV-30 are having difficulty importing video to their editing appliances.
The menu is a little tricky in the Canon series and I think it is worthwhile to copy the below settings:

IMPORT DOWNCONVERT MENU FOR THE CANON HV-20/30
by LouBruno on Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:17 pm

IN PLAY MODE SETUP 1 >PLAYBACK STD to A or DV

Scroll to SETUP 2 then DV OUTPUT>DV

NOTE In setup 1 there is a 4:3/16:9 setting for TV TYPE. This is ONLY analog using the RCA cables.

Only adjust the menu when the firewire is not attached. Then reconnect while the camera is OFF. The adjustments will remain proper this way.

This worked in my Solitaire. I think there is a problem with only the KRON series, but I will stand corrected if someone can verify same. I will also try it with my S4000PRO whenever that arrives.
TomHajewski
Casablanca Unit: Prestige with most of the software. SE 7.

Re: IMPORT MENU FOR HV20/30-TIP FOR SAVING

Post by TomHajewski »

I was one of those people struggling to load some video into my Prestige from my Canon HV-30. I went directly to our resident Canon expert, Lou Bruno, to get some help. I followed his directions, just as he outlines above, and the upload went fine. I'm back in business editing video from our European trip.

The HV-30 is a great little camera and produces wonderful video. The user manual for the HV-30 is very thorough, however, a bit complicated. So, thanks very much, Lou, for helping me out one more time!

It's great to have so many resources as we have available to us in the Casablanca community!
Tom Hajewski