S.O.S.

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
MikeMattke
Casablanca Unit: S2000 with all software. I also have a Prestige that I used on my film transfer station. I have B4W loaded on a laptop. I have a S4000 Pro that I am going to trade in for a discount on software for my B4W setup. I even have my first Cassie, the AVIO that I am going to hook up. Not sure what I will use it for but I want to see it run again.

S.O.S.

Post by MikeMattke »

My Avio won't boot and I have a crapload of school programs to edit yet! I just used it last night but now when I turn it on I only get the screen out of my SVideo on the SCART that says "Casablanca Avio", nothing on my VGA monitor. I put my card in the front slot that has SE7 but all I get is the icon on the screen that says System ZZZZ. HELP!

It finally told me that no Casablanca software was found on my hard drive. How could it just disappear? Then when I proceeded it looks like the only option I have is to reinstall and then I will lose everything! Any super tip that you can give me to avoid this??? I am slitting my wrists now in my office . . . the room is getting darker . . .
Mike Mattke
"Father of the Casablanca Cafe"
Sturgeon Bay, WI
JohnKleban
Casablanca Unit: Prestige with SE 7

Re: S.O.S.

Post by JohnKleban »

Hey Mike,

Did you try unplugging the keyboard and removing ALL other USB connected devices?

If that does not work, there is the old trick of removing the hard-drive from the Avio, putting it in a plastic bag and then in your freezer for a few hours; then remove it, and try it again in your Avio and see if it boots up. Neither way is a 100% guarantee, but, at this point, it appears you have no other choices (other than doing a fresh re-install). If you are able to get your unit back up and going, I certainly would dump out what you do have completed to miniDV tape just in case.

Best of luck, keep us updated.
John Kleban
Special Event Video

SE 7 / Sony FX1 Cameras
JPaul
Casablanca Unit: Kron Plus(NTSC) OS 6.2c/Arabesk 2/3, LaCie FWHD, most software; Sony PD-150s

Post by JPaul »

Before you stick the HD in the freezer, open up the cover and try reseating the io ribbon that is connected to the drive. Also, do you have another HD that you could swap out just to see if it is the drive? Good luck!
Paul Tessier - Northern Virginia
TimKennelly
Casablanca Unit: No Casablanca unit currently.

Post by TimKennelly »

Mike,

I would try disconnecting all of the cables, beginning with the power cable.

Walk away lay down in a bathtub for a while to avoid making a mess, then reconnect the monitor connection and then the power cable.

Push the button on the front and see what it does.

If it comes up normally start adding connections back to it beginning with your mouse/trackball.

If it does not come back up it is most probable that the drive has died.

You could try JP's suggestion and then John's freezer bag one, but you will probably just be going through the motions at that point. :cry:
My mom always told me that happiness was the key to life.
At school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I said “happy" and they told me I didn’t understand the question.
I told them they didn’t understand life.

Tim Kennelly