Latest version of SE

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
DrDray
Casablanca Unit: Solitaire 8.0 Arabesk 4.1d most software

Latest version of SE

Post by DrDray »

What is the latest version of SE? I'm still using 6. Is there a 7 point something..I heard of some glitches in SE7 and wanted to know if there is updated SE7?
JPaul
Casablanca Unit: Kron Plus(NTSC) OS 6.2c/Arabesk 2/3, LaCie FWHD, most software; Sony PD-150s

Re: Latest version of SE

Post by JPaul »

I just clicked on "Current Versions" on the Board Index and came up with SE 7 - no updates yet.
Paul Tessier - Northern Virginia
chetdavis
Site Admin
Casablanca Unit: S-4000 PRO, Renommee Plus, Liberty Plus

Re: Latest version of SE

Post by chetdavis »

As Paul pointed out, the current version of Smart Edit NTSC remains V 7.0 - there was a release of SE V 7.0F
To quote from the MS DE website:
With this free Smart Edit 7 update, it is now possible to use the multiple-preview trim/split feature (4 preview screens during trim, 2 screens during split) even without the Pro Pack add-on. This installation is therefore only suitable or necessary for Casablanca Avio, Claro, Gymnos...
I hasten to point out that while there have been a few reported issues with Smart Edit 7, many customer report this is the most stable (and feature rich) OS version to come yet! (Please note: I am not down-playing the issue/s other have reported - if the Record to Audio CD is critical to your work it appears that SE7 has an issue that impedes this process).

As Paul also pointed out, you can view the latest version of any Casablanca software on our website, accessible via the Forum Index... simply click on 'Current Software Versions' and it will take you there.

Regards,
Chet
Chet Davis
Vice-President, Marketing & Sales
MacroSystem US
http://www.macrosystem.us
Office 303.801.1056