Power Key and Time Values Help Please

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Power Key and Time Values Help Please

Post by LouBruno »

What is the Powerkey procedure to enter time (seconds) values via the keyboard numbers? Which window is it used?

I can't seem to remember........old age I guess.
Walter
Casablanca Unit: Prestige, Smart Edit 9.1, Bonus Effects, Card Drive, DVD Arabesk 4.1, Effects 1-4, Fonts 1-4, Motion 3D Vol 2, Motion Perfect, Photo Transfer, Powerkey, Steady Hand, Surround Effect, VME Compact 50, Sony VX2100 Old Member #1870 Registered: Apr. 2002

Re: Power Key and Time Values Help Please

Post by Walter »

If you want to move a slider to adjust either a timecode
or a numerical value, proceed as follows:
For instance, in the „Edit“ screen open the „New Scene“ menu and select the „Length“ slider by pressing the t key code to activate it. If, say, the slider currently displays a length of 3 seconds and you want the scene to have a length of 5 seconds, you have various options open to you. Moving the slider using the navigation arrows would allow you to enter a value precisely but it would definitely
take too long.
Pressing the End key would move the slider too far to the right and is therefore of no use here. So you can either use the Page Down key or enter the number directly. If you decide to use the Page Down key, you have to press the key twice in order to increase the length from 3 to 5 seconds, since one press of the key equates to one second on the slider.
If you decide to enter the number directly, press the Alt key and, while keeping it pressed, enter the values 5, 0, 0 one after the other. If you were to only enter the number 5, a length of only 5 frames would be added to the slider’s position.
Here's what I found the other day. Just press Alt and the values needed. Works in the EDIT and NEW SCENE menus.
Walter Altenmueller
The olympic flame came to Abbotsford February 7, 2010.
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Re: Power Key and Time Values Help Please

Post by LouBruno »

Thanks......me thinks I will stay with something easier like CB PAINT :-)