setup

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
kmaynard
Casablanca Unit: kron superplus 1, smart edit 4

setup

Post by kmaynard »

I have set up my system accordingto the manual and it is not working. I get the Kron plus screen but that is it. help
Katie
BobNaughton
Casablanca Unit: Smart Edit 8 Prestige Plus 256MB, Bluebox World, PIP Studio,Disk Transfer, QuadCam, Motion Perfect, Motion 3D, Photo Studio2, Photo Transfer, Audio Effects Pkg, Magic Lights, Filter Pack,Arabesk 4,That's about it. I generally use a 2 monitor setup.

Shoot with 2 Sony VX2000's, and also a VX2100.

Re: setup

Post by BobNaughton »

Katie;

I dont have a Kron I have a Prestige, but I had a similiar problem recently. If you have set your system up correctly you should see something on the TV Monitor. Its possible that the system used previously was using a two monitor system and the system is set for VGA output. All you will see on the TV Monitor will be the playback video or start up screen when it is not showing video.

Shut your system off, and connect a VGA Computer Monitor to the Kron's VGA output jacks. Its possible that the information or steps neccessary to fully start up your system are showing on the VGA Output. If it is, go through the neccessary steps to get up and running, and be sure to then, go into system settings and change your /video display to Video Only If you will be using only the one TV Monitor.
jimmeeker
Casablanca Unit: Avio, Solitaire, with OS 9.1 and S-6000 with Bogart 5 & all software

Post by jimmeeker »

Hello Katie,

Bob's reply is probably what your problem is. If so, you will need to know one more thing, When you attach the monitor and power up, you will see the Casablanca interface screen. When it comes up, If I can remember the operating system 4.0 that you are using, it'll list "Settings" ...and under it is a button marked "System's settings" click on it and up will come that screen. On the left side is a button that will says Screen or video. If you click on it, you'll have the choice of setting your system to view everything on a single television set (Video) or Dual Monitor or Single monitor.

If you wish to use a TV set to view everything on then click on "Video". If you want to have a computer monitor for the controls and view the actual video on a TV set, click on Dual Monitor, if you want to see it all on a Computer Monitor only, then click on Single Monitor.

When you have done this, a warning comes up and asks you if you really want to make this choice. If you don't click on one of the three choices it will automaticaly revert back to Video. It only gives you about 15 seconds to make this choice and if you don't ...it'll switch back to video without you clicking on anything.....and you'll think the machine is haunted my Bill Gates.

Welcome to the forum Katie, we'll try to help out any time you have questions, so feel free to ask. We hope you find this the friendliest place on the internet and will visit us often.
Jim Meeker
The Old Timer

Founder of the
"March Get Together"

We Remember
12-7-41 and 9-11-01
Milan, Illinois
S-6000 w/Bogart 5 /Solitaire, Avio DVD / All Software OS 9.1/ Panasonic HMC150p AVCHD Camcorder
Martyn
Casablanca Unit: You name it

Post by Martyn »

Or if you carry out a full installation (with a SmartMedia card) it should revert back to TV only if it is set to VGA ...or probably fix a software glitch if is simply hanging.

Martyn
Dalco uk