Quad Cam question.

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
jimmeeker
Casablanca Unit: Avio, Solitaire, with OS 9.1 and S-6000 with Bogart 5 & all software

Re: Quad Cam question.

Post by jimmeeker »

Hello Bob,

The flash is always there even when you can't find it. It's just the way the interlaced system works. The flash many times is shorter than 1/60th of a second and may be only be recorded on one "Field" of our frame. The unknown fact about our editing system is that when you "trim" from the "In" point you are seeing only one field of the interlaced video. When you trim from the "out" point in reverse....you are seeing the other "Fields".

Some times the flash is in the other field and you can't see it when you are trimming from the "in" point. If you go to the end of the scene and trim back from the "out" point.....the flash will usually show up there. You can view the exact time down to the frame on your counter and then check it in both directions and you'll see the flash in one direction at that frame....but not the other direction. Go figure. I was flabergasted when I found this out back in the last Century on my AVIO.
Jim Meeker
The Old Timer

Founder of the
"March Get Together"

We Remember
12-7-41 and 9-11-01
Milan, Illinois
S-6000 w/Bogart 5 /Solitaire, Avio DVD / All Software OS 9.1/ Panasonic HMC150p AVCHD Camcorder
BobNaughton
Casablanca Unit: Smart Edit 8 Prestige Plus 256MB, Bluebox World, PIP Studio,Disk Transfer, QuadCam, Motion Perfect, Motion 3D, Photo Studio2, Photo Transfer, Audio Effects Pkg, Magic Lights, Filter Pack,Arabesk 4,That's about it. I generally use a 2 monitor setup.

Shoot with 2 Sony VX2000's, and also a VX2100.

Post by BobNaughton »

Jim, thank you for your insight into why I cant see the flash. I never thought of trimming from the out point to check it. It wasn't a big obstacle to me, just took a few more minutes of work to lock in on it, but its nice to know where the flash went. I guess I just want to have my cake and eat it too by having a sharp quick noise associated with the flash.

I guess I could listen for the camera shutter, couldn't I :oops: Thanks again Guys.
TimKennelly
Casablanca Unit: No Casablanca unit currently.

Post by TimKennelly »

Yeah John, but the bloke had it coming to him!

You can "find" the flash by scrolling backwards using a Twister or the arrow keys on the keyboard as well.

Using the professional's flash is best as it is normally considerably brighter than all the ones going off by the guests.
My mom always told me that happiness was the key to life.
At school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I said “happy" and they told me I didn’t understand the question.
I told them they didn’t understand life.

Tim Kennelly