Mirror Text

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Re: Mirror Text

Post by LouBruno »

YIKES! I changed the word to SHIFT instead of.........(fill in the blank)

I deserve this for not wearing glasses and my I-Pod is worse.

It is funny though!! :oops:

Thanks Chris.
ChrisStone wrote:Lou, this is a family board, I cant believe you'd talk like that :o :o
Volker
Casablanca Unit: equipment: Sony HDR-XR520, Sony RX10, GoPro Hero1, Actionpro X7, Canon Ixus 70, 2xEnterprise MAX with Bogart SE 5/6, Samsung 42" FullHD LCD, Samsung 22" DVI Monitor, Samsung 22" HDMI TV Monitor

Post by Volker »

With reference to this forum and to Chris Stone and some others... I decided to put the mirror text and mirror scene idea onto my next Tutorial DVD that is about to be released this summer.
I hope that is ok for you guys... Thanks!!!

Volker
Volker Hill - Germany
jeffphilips
Casablanca Unit: Renomee Plus, SE 7

Post by jeffphilips »

I tried Chris Stones technique and it was beautiful!! This is one of the best tips I have learned in a long time!!
Thank you Chris!!
Jeff Philips
In Focus Studios
Raleigh/Durham
North Carolina
Cassie user since 1999
ChrisStone
Casablanca Unit: Renommee Plus w/SE8 and all software

Post by ChrisStone »

Thanks Jeff, glad I could help/inspire.

And as they would say on Monty Python...."And now for something completely different"

For your viewing pleasure, a slightly more complex reflection effect with the illusion of depth imparted to it by using two colors for the background, a drop shadow and a radial blur to give the reflection a forced perspective (depth). Side scrolling motion is added as well just for the heck of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCpu43wT2zQ

1-Use PIP to place original clip onto the upper half of video black

2-Use Flip vertical to invert

3-Use Fog-Black-Diamond-55% for the gradient look

4-Use Radial Blur-Strength 50%-Size, slightly smaller than the PIP, Position-Just above PIP

Do these steps with however many scenes you wish to create then place all the scenes on the story board board then....

5-Use Split Screen 2 in Transitions. Set the time for half the length of the two scenes.(i.e. if all scenes are 10 seconds long, set time for 5 seconds) Mode-Shift Direction-Left/Left Size-50% Duration 0%. Then create a continuous scene of all of them.

6-Create a gradient pattern. I used Spicerack-Basic Wipe V with 2 colors Black and Blue

7-Now use PIP Studio to create PIPS of the original scenes. Place the rendered reflection scene on the storyboard, place an original clip behind it and use PIP Studio to size and place the clip in relation to the reflection (you only need to do this once) Then replace the reflection scene with the gradient pattern you created. Leave all your PIP Settings alone, but now add drop shadow to taste. Do this with all your original clips.

8- Now do step 5 again with all these scenes. Then create a continuous scene of all of them.

9-Put the refection scene on the storyboard followed by the Gradient scene. Use the regular Split screen transition. Direction-Down Fade time 0 Split-Start at 50% and adjust as needed.

I know it seems complex, but it took a lot longer to figure out than it does to create it. Of course you don't have to use the radial blur, you can stick with the original way of creating the reflection.

Chet, please feel free to make one of your awesome video tutorials of this one too, is you so desire :D
Chris Stone
Etched In Stone Video Productions
Renommee + SE9, All software, Panasonic AF100 Panasonic AG-160,
Adobe Production Suite CS6
Member # 5